Location: US, VA, DullesApply Now
Within OpenText Learning Services, EnCase Training exists to turn chaos and the unknown into order and the known, so that companies and their customers can go about their daily lives as usual without worry or disruption, knowing their most valuable information is safe and secure.
OpenText™ EnCase™ software is the gold standard in digital investigations and endpoint data security. The EnCase suite of products provides a mission-critical foundation of applications that have been deployed on an estimated 25 million endpoints and work in concert with other leading enterprise technologies from companies, such as Cisco, Intel, Box, Dropbox, Blue Coat Systems, and LogRhythm. Our field-tested and court-proven solutions are used with confidence by more than 70 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of agencies worldwide. Get to know us at OpenText EnCase Training.
The Sr. Training Consultant position is responsible for delivering classroom instruction to the OpenText EnCase Training customer base. This position provides complex instruction on the use of EnCase software and hardware products as well as on the general skills and techniques used in digital investigations. This position delivers training through various modalities, including live classroom instruction, recorded video instruction, and live, Internet-based instruction.
You are great at:
• Deliver effective presentations using a variety of instructional techniques in the following areas:
o OpenText™ EnCase™ Forensic methodology
o Installation and in-depth use of EnCase Forensic software and Tableau hardware products
o Relevance of computer operating systems and file systems to computer related investigations.
o Incident response and intrusion investigations of external and internal computer systems
o Electronic discovery
o Examination and investigations of computer systems/operating systems, including but not limited to:
• Assist and support development of training course material, including student manuals, instructor manuals, evidence files, and supporting files and documents using company styles, standards, and authorized development tools.
• Support the design and development of technical forum and conference presentation material relevant to the investigation and examination of electronic media.
• Demonstrate the ability to teach material that is engaging and motivating to training participants from career fields, including but not limited to law enforcement, corporate security, military, government contractors, and internal examiners/investigators.
• Establish and follow meaningful learning objectives regarding computer-related investigations.
• Assist and engage in other duties and projects not specifically associated with providing course instruction, including but not limited to administering and maintaining classroom computers, networks, instructional hardware, and general classroom upkeep.
• Review and evaluate course materials effectively and make appropriate recommendations for the update of course material as needed.
• Maintain knowledge of current materials, computer technologies, and examination methodologies and incorporate appropriate information into training materials.
What it takes:
• Advanced knowledge in computer forensics, electronic discovery, and/or network security and intrusion investigations. Advanced course study or curriculum development experience is beneficial.
• Proficient user of the EnCase suite of products.
• Knowledge of company’s software and hardware offerings.
• Available to travel to other facilities regularly to assist with the delivery of EnCase courses.
• EnCE certification at time of or within 6 months of hiring.
• Ability to conduct training on a minimum of 40% of the EnCase Training course catalog within 12 months of hiring.
• Excellent organization and project management skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop complex, technical training materials.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in conducting digital investigations in the areas of computer forensics, electronic discovery, or network intrusion investigations
• CISSP certification
• CEH Certification
• CompTIA A+
• Other industry-recognized digital forensic or cybersecurity certifications
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.