Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The primary responsibility for the Solution Consultant is to assist the sales representative in all technical aspects of the sales process. The SC will work with the sales team in a pre-sales role to develop and position solutions involving OpenText security products that meet the prospective customer’s needs and requirements.
The Solution Consultant must be able to articulate and demonstrate the OpenText solutions, and position products relative to competition. This includes performing these discussions and demonstrations to a wide-ranging audience that may encompass highly technical attendees as well as business sensitive attendees like senior executives. The SE also plays a vital role in establishing and nurturing the technical relationship with the customer. Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
Activities include, but are not limited to, internal and external conference calls, presentations, technical demonstrations, proof of concept trials, responding to RFI and RFP’s, troubleshooting, speaking engagements, trade shows, internal training as well as other sales types of activity.
This position may require 40% to 60% travel throughout an assigned sales territory.
You are great at:
• Working directly with Account Executives in the field to communicate OT value propositions to the customer/prospects.
• Applying both technical and business skills to solve problems within an account and subsequently architecting an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements.
• Presenting to senior level business and technical users within a customer account.
• Qualifying opportunities at key milestones, taking into consideration the competitive landscape, solution fit, relationship with the customer, etc.
• Develops and delivers product demonstrations and proof of concepts against specific customer requirements.
• Responds to RFx requests, taking the lead for the solution and technical elements of the response.
• Searching to find ways to create new opportunities for OpenText, either by improving existing products, processes and/or use of our technology.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in a solution selling\value based selling environment.
• Working technical knowledge of of security and networking technologies, concepts and practices.
• Previous EnCase experience (Preferred)
• EnCE certification (EnCase Certified Examiner) (Preferred)
• CISSP or other international recognized security certification