Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, CO, DenverApply Now
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and executing on multiple aspects of specific client matters, from project setup to collection of the final bill. This position reports directly to a Manager, Client Services within the department and requires flexibility to work nights and weekends. The Professional Services Department primarily provides professional consulting services to the enterprise and law firms. It coordinates document review, production, advanced search and analytics using Catalyst applications.
You are great at:
● Work effectively in a team environment with both members of the Professional Services department and other departments within the company as well as external teams such as managed review providers, law firms and corporate litigation departments.
● Act as the lead consultant for matters and clients when assigned as the lead by management.
● Responsible for managing all aspects of specific client matters, from assisting with initial proposal to collection of the final invoices and consulting and strategizing with clients and potential clients on best ways to meet the objectives of the case team or end client.
● Create project plans defining scope of work including lists of deliverables and deadlines, scheduling, resource allocation, reporting, budgets, and revenue projections and execute on these plans both directly and through the leadership of others.
● Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline driven situations ensuring the delivery of quality work product within established time frames.
● Ensure work product of case/client team meets the standards of quality set forth in project plan and adhere to the quality standards established by the Professional Services management team.
● Develop custom workflows designed to optimize efficiency in the preparation of data and review.
● Create and provide standard and custom, proactive and reactive reports based on client needs and objectives established in the project plan.
● Assist on unassigned projects when requested by supervisors or peers.
● Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines to meet shifting client needs.
● Perform hosting activities necessary to prepare data for attorney review, including user and case administration, processing and loading documents, performing searches, and index management.
● Prepare data productions including conversion to Tiff or Pdf, branding, native productions, exporting documents, and load file generation.
● Provide support for escalated service requests including problem identification and resolution; and solving complex technical issues such as system performance troubleshooting, scripting conflicts, search result troubleshooting, and consultation.
● Effectively work with other units from Professional Services, Product Services, Product Operations, Training, managed review teams, and our Clients and their Outside Counsel to ensure delivery of first class customer service and eDiscovery management.
● Bill clients for consulting time and ensure that staff is doing the same for your assigned matters or clients in which you are the lead. Ensure all fees are communicated and understood at the onset of an engagement and when custom requests are made.
● Identify opportunities for increased operational efficiency and leverage technical skills to create and implement resulting solutions.
● Perform technical tasks such as writing custom SQL scripts and stored procedures; analyze, code and test modules (both new and changes to existing programs) from design specifications; and share tools with others in the department.
● Maintain all necessary documentation in the performance of your work including required project reporting, custom requests, and customized solutions.
● Introduce additional Catalyst services to clients as needs dictate.
What it takes:
● Communication – Organizes and expresses ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing. Tailors content of communication to the level and experience of the audience. Ensures that others involved in a project, including senior management, are kept informed about developments and plans.
● Leadership – Shows commitment to lead through effectively demonstrating the character, experience, humility, wisdom and discernment necessary to create the trust and influence to cause the right things, to happen for the right reasons, at the right times.
● Professionalism – Maintains high standards with consistent attention to detail. Demonstrates competence and confidence internally and with clients, maintaining proper poise and etiquette. Acts ethically and is accountable for actions at all times. If mistakes happen, takes responsibility and works to resolve the issue.
● Organization / Planning / Delivery – Forecasts accurately and helps ensure delivery against a plan. Identifies information needs and helps ensure systems / personnel are in place to deliver. Focuses on critical path and delivery on key priorities.
● Sense of Urgency / Ownership – Acts with the realization that efficiency is vital to success. Makes decisions and drives activities to meet important windows of opportunity in the industry. Exhibits an appropriate sense of constructive energy and focus, particularly related to Strategic Corporate client relationships.
● Market Knowledge – Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of the broad e-Discovery, ELM, EDRM marketplace and serves as an expert on the needs of corporate e-Discovery – identifying and pursuing new areas of expertise as Catalyst’s solutions evolve.
● Honesty and Integrity – Earns trust and maintains confidence. Exhibits a strong work ethic.
● Flexibility and adaptability – Able to remain flexible and adaptable in a chaotic environment and stay calm under pressure.
● Follows Through on Commitments – Follows through on verbal and written commitments, regardless of personal cost.
● Intelligence – Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
● Persistence – Demonstrates tenacity and willingness even in difficult circumstances.
● Proactive - Innovative and creative.
● Accountability – Is accountable for their actions and holds others accountable for theirs.
● Teamwork – Establish and maintain good working relationships with other offices and departments in the company to promote an environment of cooperation and collaborative success.
Essential Work Experience, Qualifications, Skills
● Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, with a technical degree preferred.
● Five or more years of experience with a service or consulting firm directly supporting the litigation needs of corporations or law firms.
● Strong communication, presentation and writing skills.
● Working knowledge of litigation lifecycle, EDRM, litigation document review and workflows, complex searches related to litigation, Technology Assisted Review and Continuous Active Learning.
● Ability to demonstrate technical concepts to individuals with varying degrees of technological skills.
Desirable Work Experience, Qualifications, Skills
● Technical undergraduate and/or advanced degree preferred (JD, MS, MBA).
● Technical skills such as SQL, programming, writing scripts or mathematics.
Role Challenges and Special Working Conditions
● Overnight travel throughout the continental U.S. to visit Catalyst corporate office, clients, and/or employees may be necessary.
● Requirements may dictate the necessity to work hours outside of normal, 40-hour workweek.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.