Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, CO, DenverApply Now
You are tasked with assisting with the overall performance and availability of Catalyst's MarkLogic NoSQL database installations. You will serve as a teammate for configuration, performance and availability in a multi-cluster environment, learning MarkLogic Server and how it is used in concert with OpenText's customer offerings.
Will this job requires you be able to work some degree of autonomy, in collaboration with and at the direction of the Senior MarkLogic Engineer. Because your work will have visibility by other department directors and upper management, frequent communication with your manager concerning projects and issues is expected.
You are great at:
• Work with the MarkLogic Senior Engineer to establish/improve active monitoring of the MarkLogic services and develop methods of identifying performance issues and/or usage anomalies.
• Collaborate in the planning phase of any new or modified business operation that employs the use of MarkLogic service, acting as an expert advisor.
• Establish/maintain MarkLogic server security guidelines, practices, and department procedures.
• Establish/maintain effective customer points of contact (development, infrastructure, MarkLogic contracted support) for collaboration and troubleshooting projects related to existing technical issues.
• Learn, maintain, improve, and develop new analytics processes and collaborate bring them closer to real-time.
What it takes:
• Proficient in investigating issues related to hardware issues, improper configuration, data service usage.
• Can work work directly with project managers, infrastructure engineers and software developers.
• Has strong analytical skills as applied to information technology, and can work independently of others in an assignment.
• Raises awareness on issues that can negatively impact delivering on time and to set specifications.
• Communicates concepts and instructions clearly both verbally and in written form.
• Has a desire to keep current with knowledge of technologies, learning new technologies, mastering them, and distributing that knowledge to teammates.
• Can speak honestly, openly and tactfully with both managers and teammates as a collaborator.
• Programming experience
• At the direct of the Senior MarkLogic Engineer, you will learn the intricacies of MarkLogic server.
• Learn to write complex XQuery for MarkLogic operations.
• Develop a good understanding of dependent system hardware, storage subsystems, and networking and the REST API used to access the data service.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act