Function: Technical Support
Location: Ireland, CorkApply Now
The Technical support specialist acts as the primary interface between OpenText, our business partners and customers. The technical support specialist will be responsible for providing timely and accurate support to our partners and enterprise customers on the OpenText platforms.
The successful candidate will balance their strong technical skills and with their passion for customer service to provide world class support to our enterprise customers and to drive the customer satisfaction in every form. The Technical support specialist is expected to address system issues, provide process improvements, develop internal documentation, and contribute to a team environment, all while adhering to service level agreements.The successful candidate will be working in a highly functioning team consisting of Product Analysts and Senior Product Analysts that work effectively together to reach a common goal.
You are great at:
* Previous experience working within a technical support environment
* University/College degree within a related discipline or equivalent work experience
* Strong desire to provide exceptional customer support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution
* Proficient in Windows OS and Outlook.
* Experience working with enterprise database product and technology as well as an understanding of SQL
* Previous experience configuring HTTP and application servers
* Understanding of Networking and network technology
* Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever growing and changing
* Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
* Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
What it takes:
Highly desirable but not essential:
Experience setting up Virtual Machines for reproducing defects.
Programming skills or understanding (VB, C#).
knowledge of MS Exchange and SharePoint would be an asset
Experience technical writing/ Knowledge base authoring.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.