Function: Technical Support
Location: Ireland, CorkApply Now
Open Text/GXS is seeking a Technical Support Specialist. Technical Support Specialist is an intermediate Level 2/3 technical support position. TSS’s are responsible for numerous B2B (business to business) functions such as production monitoring of data, error analysis, client correspondences (both electronic and phone) as well as deep dive investigation of issues stemming from production failures.
Must possess moderately strong analysis & troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal. Experience in a rapid pace environment with willingness to undertake new challenges.
You are great at:
• Providing high quality technical support, effectively analyzing issues, providing issue resolution, and customer notification.
• Actively participates in self-improvement, process, and technology training programs.
• Continually strives to expand comprehension of troubleshooting methodologies
• Work cross-functionally within the organization, in a team environment, to deliver quality, satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers
• Submit and provide new content to knowledge base
• Manage Customer Accounts as requested
• Participate in documentation and product review
• May provide technical leadership and training for new and existing products within technical area
• Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
• Potential on-call rotation
What it takes:
• Possesses knowledge in Communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTPS)
• Ability to multitask and coordinate with internal resources during major incidents and/or high severity situations
• Must have experience in fast paced support environment
• Must be organized and be able to multi-task
• Able to work directly with customer in technical/non-technical capacity
• French & English language preferred (desired, not required)
• Must possess superb written and verbal skills
• Going above and beyond for the clients
• Stepping out of your comfort zone learning new systems and information on a regular basis
• Large scope general IT knowledge
• Data analysis and comfortable with XML
• Providing direction to internal and customer Teams on how to proceed
• Handling large scale escalations
• Working with compliance and InfoSec groups when required
• Documenting training and processes for the customer
• Providing weekly service status updates
• Maintain issue log and resolutions for reference
• Possible client facing meetings/Travel
• Quality conscious / Logical thinker
• Providing training internal and external as required
• Streamline processes and analyse areas where automation is applicable
• Attend regular client calls
• Escalation management and Client communication
• Ticket management
We offer a wide variety of group benefits to our employees including, Private Healthcare, Group Life Assurance, OpenText matching contribution Pension Plan, Fitness and Wellness reimbursement, Free on-site parking, Bike to Work scheme, Educational Assistance & Professional Memberships support. We also have an in-house games room with plenty of refreshments along with a great environment to work in. You can check it out on our YouTube channel
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.