Function: Technical Support
Location: Ireland, CorkApply Now
We are looking for responsible, technology savvy and trustworthy individuals to join our Technical Support team. You will perform a variety of professional duties around providing technical support to internal, partner, and external customer contacts. You must be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work under deadlines. You have problem analysis, customer support skills, and preferably previous work experience in enterprise information systems. You use knowledge gained from prior job related experience to assess when and how to escalate to other resources within the organization. You identify, develop and implement problem resolutions and follow standard practices and procedures. You will be expected to develop and participate in solutions training and problem resolutions skills development.
You are great at:
• Handle support calls and emails from Opentext customers, partners, and internal resources (e.g. consultants)
• Reproduce and perform in-depth analysis of customer issues to help determine causes, workarounds, and solutions
• Collect diagnostic data and perform troubleshooting. Utilize a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution. Lead efforts in facilitating problem recreation.
• Effectively communicate procedural and routine technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment. Maintain a “closed-loop” communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status. Responsible for sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolution with Technical Support Departments and, as appropriate, to Customers.
• May provide documentation and direct feedback to Account Managers, Sales and other Opentext Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
• Escalate customer issues to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and/or engineering teams as necessary and ensure fixes and patches are delivered to customers in a timely manner
• Participate in the maintenance of Opentext online support resources, such as knowledge bases, tutorials, and technical articles, whitepapers etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
• Demonstrate good customer service skills, including organizational, interpersonal communication, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrate ability to react quickly to interrupt driven workload and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team and good research/technical/troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to support and communicate with customers over the phone or preferred communication method by customer.
• Experience in OS administration (eg. Windows or Red Hat Linux) and troubleshooting
• Some knowledge of relational databases (eg. Oracle or SQL*Server or MySQL)
• Understanding of Object Oriented Architecture, programming languages (preferably Java) or development technology such as (Java, XML, HTML, C++, HTML, SQL).
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP networks and applications.
• Languages: European Language (preferably French) in addition to English
We offer a wide variety of group benefits to our employees including, Private Healthcare, Group Life Assurance, OpenText matching contribution Pension Plan, Fitness and Wellness reimbursement, Free on-site parking, Bike to Work scheme, Educational Assistance & Professional Memberships support. We also have an in-house games room with plenty of refreshments along with a great environment to work in. You can check it out on our YouTube channel
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.