Function: Technical Support
Location: Ireland, CorkApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
his position performs duties under direct supervision to provide support to customers and provision new accounts / users. To that end, the specialist assesses customer inquiries, issues and requests and resolves or escalates as needed in a timely fashion. The customer support specialist is generally associated with level 1 inquiries, issues or requests of small / low to moderate size, scope and complexity.
You are great at:
* Team with others in customer support to answer and process customer calls & emails effectively and efficiently.
* Utilize logging tools to accurately document conversations or correspondences throughout each customer interaction.
* Follow proper troubleshooting steps, ask clarifying questions, discover underlying causes of concern and escalate as appropriate.
* Maintain call ownership and provide regular and continuing communications with customers until resolutions are reached.
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency to queues and customers.
* Employ knowledge, skills and abilities to maximize single call resolution measurements.
* Prioritize time to complete assigned tasks while maintaining a focus on productivity and customer satisfaction.
* Use established methodologies and documented procedures to perform assigned tasks.
* Keep management informed of issues and status.
* Present a professional and pleasant image of the product and company.
What it takes:
* Leaving Certificate or equivalent
* Previous customer service experience.
* Understanding of how to use computers
* Must be willing to work flexible hours as required, including evening, weekend and occasional night shifts.
* Written, verbal and listening communication skills
* Ability to learn new technology
* Ability to diagnose problems and find solutions.
* Ability to work to a deadline and respond to priority issues effectively.
* Fluency in English and German
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.