Function: Technical Support
Location: US, OH, ColumbusApply Now
OpenText is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who can provide exceptional technical support in a challenging and rewarding environment.
The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. The Technical Support Specialist will work support issues that are complex in nature and carry varying priority levels based on set standards.
You are great at:
• Facilitate the resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of assigned OpenText software products by analyzing logs, researching issues, debugging scripts or recreating in house.
• Identify and report defects and customer suggestions to appropriate responsible groups.
• Author as well as update articles to contribute to our Product Knowledge Base.
• Represent OpenText and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service regarding finding resolutions to presented technical problems.
• Providing suggestions for alternate support options for customer issues that are not related to OpenText products.
• Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
• Commit to continuous learning to keep current with industry changes.
• Demonstrate customer focus and empathy.
• Meet established service delivery guidelines such as customer satisfaction, phone-based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
What it takes:
• Previous experience working within a technical support or development environment.
• Desired programming/scripting experience (i.e. Visual C++, Windows OS, UNIX and/or Linux).
• Desired experience working with relational DBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL).
• Strong desire to provide exceptional technical support efficiently with a high focus on first call resolution.
• Proven experience working in a fluid environment that is ever-growing and changing.
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively.
• Positive attitude, patience, understanding, dedication and commitment.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to grasp concepts quickly and have a thirst for knowledge.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.