Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Project Manager in the Professional Services organization is a key contributor to the achievement of department goals and initiatives, while at the same time managing delivery of customer engagements. The PM drives the success of each project to ensure customer satisfaction, establish a solid working relationship and build on that foundation to develop future engagements. The USA West Region PM reports to the regional Director of Projects (Delivery) and fulfills a key advisory role to the Director of Professional Services (Sales). In addition, the successful PM has the ability to work in a cross-department manner and is able to lead resources not under their direct control.
You are great at:
• Project management of assigned client engagements including but not limited to the use of the Opentext project management methodology and compliance requirements when forecasting booked revenue, resource forecasting, weekly project financials tracking (i.e. margin attainment, budget, invoicing), managing risks, project scope change and issues through to resolution.
• Work with the Professional Services Resource Manager and other Project Managers to establish project resource needs, screen candidates both internal and external to the Professional Services team and co-ordinate project resources on a weekly basis.
• Work with the field operations team to forecast project hours and revenue accurately on a weekly basis.
• Actively participate in an informal team along with other project managers within the West Region and all of North America to collaborate on lessons learned and drive organizational standards
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Manage projects so that they are delivered on time, on budget, project delivery with minimal escalations
• Create and negotiate project change request for your engagements to manage scope, schedule and budget of project change
• On occasion support Professional Services Directors with preparation of Statements of Work, including scope definition and estimation.
• Provide internal project reports to the field operations team, Projects Director and Professional Services Sales Directors as required
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Assist in the creation of presentation materials including public forum presentations and internal presentations particularly for executive consumption
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
What it takes:
Working experience in a Professional Services environment managing large and mid-sized Enterprise Information Management or Enterprise Content Management solution projects
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in project management
At least 3 years of experience with mid-sized complex systems deployments
Lives or plans to live in the USA West Opentext Region, prefer Seattle, WA, Chicago, IL or Houston, TX
BAor equivalent work experience
CAPM, PMP or equivalent certifications preferred
Supporting qualifications AGILE, SCRUM, RUP an asset
Experience working projects in a matrix environment, across industries
Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and writing skills
Experience negotiating through difficult project situations with customers and internal teams
Strong project accounting experience and skills.
Extremely strong Microsoft Project, MS Office capabilities
Referenceable on-time, on-budget, project deliveries with minimal escalations
Experience delivering OpenText products is desired
Experience using or delivering Content Management / Information management applications is desired.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act