Function: Human Resources
Location: US, IL, ChicagoApply Now
The Global Human Resources Organizational Effectiveness and Learning team provides talent and learning solutions that supports OpenText’s corporate mission, vision and values. The team’s mandate focuses primarily on the design, development and delivery of corporate blended talent and learning solutions, in collaboration with various lines of business on relevant learning opportunities. The team manages all content through the organization’s Learning Management System.
The Senior Learning & Organizational Effectiveness Advisor acts as an HR & OEL expert as well as an internal consultant supporting the areas of Management Training, Performance Management, Employee Development, Onboarding, and Coaching. This position will work as part of a dynamic OE & Learning team to build, align, integrate and execute programs & processes as part of the strategic HR & Talent strategy at OpenText. This role works collaboratively with all levels of Managers, Leaders, Subject Matter Experts as well as colleagues on the OE & Learning team and Human Resources (HR).
This role will help assess, develop and build leadership across the organization with effective solutions to educate and enhance performance.
You are great at:
• Design, develop and deliver learning programs by using various forms of adult learning methodologies such as Bloom Taxonomy and ADDIE Learning and instructional design principles as well as determine the learning requirements and goals with a performance consulting approach.
• Design and deliver management curriculum that differentiates in both content and delivery method according to core business needs and levels, while emphasizing core capabilities, competencies and behaviors required across the company.
• Works closely with leaders to conduct detailed needs assessment, surveys to identify best solutions for the business unit; company globally ensuring consistency in practice.
• Applies expertise to analyze needs, expectations of target audience, structure, systems, and processes as well as cultural requirements to determine appropriate learning solutions to meet the changing needs of OpenText i.e. e-learning, classroom, event, etc.
• Leads OE projects, programs, initiatives, and interventions by gathering/summarizing data, preparing for meetings and workshops, developing tools and resources, creating project plans, and conducting best practices research
• Research and develop training resources and manages vendor relationships.
• Research, manages, &/or works closely with preferred vendors on conducting assessments, provides coaching and guidance on curriculum design (i.e. case studies)
• Collaborate with local talent and organizational effectiveness team to ensure alignment of programs, talent mobility and execution of global strategies that will address immediate and long-term management development
• Support businesses and HR Business Partners with Management on-boarding and companywide onboarding resources and programs
• Stay abreast of new developments in management training and practices, benchmarking competitor’s talent management processes and builds case for change internally when best practices are identified externally
What it takes:
• University degree or equivalent. Adult Education degree or equivalent relevant experience.
• Minimum 8 years of corporate training and facilitation or relevant experience.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge in the areas of management training, leadership, performance and talent development, culture and change management.
• Knowledge of best practices in assessments, adult learning and evaluation including virtual training as well as online education (eLearning).
• Knowledge and experience in learning design theory and methodology with a focus on talent, leadership development and behavioural/change management programs.
• Management experience with proven leadership, coaching and team building skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, willing to take initiative, works well under pressure, flexible and cooperative able to thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
• Knowledge and application of project management and organizational skills.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Articulate Presenter; Storyline; Adobe and other digital multimedia learning applications.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act