Location: US, IL, ChicagoApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for a high-energy, driven Sales Director with solid technology business-to-business sales experience. The selected candidate will lead and manage the regional sales organization for Enterprise software, maintenance, SaaS, and services. Accountable for growing this enterprise software business and achieving region revenue, bookings, gross margin, market penetration, installed base retention, and cost control objectives.
Drives and supports BU business models, go-to-market strategies, and sales/marketing initiatives for regional effectiveness. Ensures optimal and increased account coverage through direct and partner sales resources. Develops and grows sales people and management to ensure maximum productivity and to ensure qualified sales talent base that is ready and able to support future growth. Supports sales leadership and front-line sales in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities.
You are great at:
• Achieving the Americas sales and profit plan. Delivering the regional sales revenue, bookings and profit targets for OpenText Enterprise software license, SaaS, maintenance and services. Growing the business and increase OT market share. Managing cost items and discretionary spend, including travel, to specified targets.
• Building and Managing a Robust Sales Pipeline. Building a pipeline sufficient to consistently deliver on quarterly and annual booking and revenue targets. Defining and executing “sales plays” that grow the base and generate new logo opportunities. Developing a prospecting and “hunting” culture. Maintaining requested reporting and regular opportunity inspection, to ensure accurate pipeline.
• Developing & Deploying Sales Coverage. Working with sales operations to define coverage strategy and deploying the optimal sales coverage model, given field selling cost targets. This includes defining the right number and mix of sales executives and presales engineers. This also includes defining territory assignments that comprehend geographic and industry vertical opportunities and objectives.
• Implementing Effective Sales Management Processes. Developing and deploying effective sales management and operational practices. Forecasting accurately. Coordinating all sales activities in the area-of-control. Building long-term growth opportunities using an Account Business Planning process. Defining, implementing and managing processes for pipeline management, forecasting, strategic account development and performance management. Establishing sales activity targets for such things as face to face call frequency, demo activity, proposal activity, prospect calling, pipeline size and deal closure.
• Developing Customer Opportunities. Coaching and supporting sales team and leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities. Building lasting, consultative relationships with C-level executives in customer accounts. Representing OpenText on global accounts with cultural sensitivity and business maturity.
• Sales Organization Building and Development: Recruiting high-caliber talent, defining optimal team structure & R&R, and provide meaningful input to compensation plans. Keeping territories filled and ensuring optimal sales capacity, within budget constraints. Developing sales resources and management talent to ensure a pipeline of qualified sales talent to support future growth. Implementing of master pipeline management. Developing the consultative, solution selling capability in their organization so that sales personnel can deliver compelling business cases that differentiate and highlight the value of OpenText’s broad portfolio.
• Developing and supporting a Partner Eco-system. In partnership with the alliance and partner organization, developing a network of alliances and channel partners that expand our market coverage and enhance the completeness and strength of our portfolio and value proposition.
• Advocating for the Business. Working with internal and external stakeholders to drive the business. Working with business unit and sibling sales organizations to drive Enterprise sales opportunities. Advocating for improvements or changes needed for business success. Demonstrating in depth knowledge of the market, competition and customer requirements. Providing external leadership to industry, community, press.
What it takes:
• University or Bachelor’s degree, advanced university or Master’s degree preferred
• 15 years of sales and progressive sales management experience.
• 10 years of industry experience
• Demonstrated results in growing a business or expanding a market
• Proven Track Record of Enterprise Software Sales Leadership Success: Successful track record of selling, leading sales teams and delivering sales performance, even in tough situations. Consistently high performance from year to year is key. Able to inspire and build a strong and dedicated team. Able to role model selling excellence; can readily develop executive level relationships with current and prospective customers. Able to navigate and advocate within the organization to overcome barriers and advance business opportunities.
• Solution / Offering Knowledge & Expertise: Understands or able to quickly understand the Enterprise Content Management business and related solutions. Can clearly and succinctly articulate value proposition for what OT does well. Approaches selling from a business solution perspective to ensure that OT products and services accurately address the client’s true business need in terms of type, scope, level.
• Sales Management process expertise: Define, implement and manage processes for pipeline management, forecasting, strategic account development and performance management. Establishes sales activity targets for such things as face to face call frequency, demo activity, proposal activity, prospect calling, pipeline size and deal closure.
• Industry Knowledge & Expertise: Understands market landscape, industry trends and has relationships with key influencers. Scope includes competitors, partners, consultants, trade organizations, and major customers. Effective and credible with industry leaders when engaged.
• Sales Organization Building and Development: Demonstrated ability to recruit high-caliber talent, define optimal team structure & R&R, provide meaningful input to compensation plans. Keeps territories filled and ensures optimal sales capacity, within budget constraints.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act