Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As an Account Executive at OpenText you help customers use information to grow faster and be more efficient in an increasingly Digital World. You are part of a global team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals who understand that their customers are experiencing unprecedented change.
Your customers trust your judgement to help them solve their most pressing business problems and to support them in their journey to the cloud and to become a digital enterprise. You will stop at nothing to help them find the right solution to positively impact the business, improve their most important business processes, or reduce their risks.
You are comfortable with complex sales cycles. Your track record of successful attainment of your targets will be rewarded with one of the most competitive compensation packages in the industry.
You are great at:
- Formulating and implementing a coherent Business Plan for the region that effectively helps to drive
and support both our expansion/diversification and which ultimately helps to underpin our future
- Achieving and exceeding quarterly and annual revenue targets within the defined accounts, vertical or
territory assigned to the AE, to ensure Open Text captures market share and profit goals. The appointee
will also be required to produce and maintain regular, timely and accurate sales forecast reports whilst
managing pipeline and an effective and focused business plan.
- Actively engaging, leading and motivating stakeholders within Open Text, e.g. Systems Consulting,
Alliances, Professional Services and Senior Managers who are able to support the sales process. You will
also carve out strong relationships with Partners/SIs to pursue successful joint sales strategies to win
- Harnessing and developing a clear account strategy and introducing, together with the marketing
team, clear promotional initiatives to take the business from a market leader to a dominant player.
What it takes:
- Operating at all levels both inside and outside the organization, the AE, will be able to design and
execute programs that make a fundamental difference to business growth and profitability.
- In depth knowledge and experience of creating and closing new business opportunities.
- All applicants must have sold to senior level decision makers such as C level and directors. A stable
career history and the ability to show good tenure at companies is required. Demonstrable track record
of being able to develop and articulate value will be a pre-requisite. Proven ability to close $1m+
software license contracts with customers.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate OpenText engagement teams through clear communication of
Account Plan objectives and goals.
- Proven ability to create differentiated and innovative solutions that support the customer’s key
- Extremely competent communicator at all levels, well organized and decisive.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act