Location: US, IL, ChicagoApply Now
The Account Executive position is responsible for generating sales and revenue growth for Open Text’s Business Network – On Demand Messaging products and services within an assigned territory in the U.S. This position requires strong prospecting, communications, and closing skills to support and drive direct and indirect (via Partners) business. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to drive the sales process from start to finish directly with the prospective customer. This position contributes to the Mid-Market West Sales Team, and carries an individual quota.
*Candidates in Wisconsin will also be considered for this position. Remote-virtual office role.
You are great at:
Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual revenue objectives within assigned sales territory. Build and maintain a sales pipeline 3-5x monthly quota.
• Create and execute plans to accomplish sales objectives by leveraging existing channels, and creating sales opportunities with new and existing customers
• Establish, develop and grow new and existing business relationship with partners and key end-user buyers in the territory
• Identify new opportunities with net-new and installed base customers thru high level effective outbound calling efforts.
• Review accounts and opportunities to leverage appropriate resources (Open Text or Partner) to drive sales to completion.
• Assume responsibility for accurate sales forecasting by demonstrating in depth knowledge of the sales cycles from initial contact through procurement process. Also, ensure that sales activities are accurately and regularly updated in Salesforce.com and reviewed with your territory team & management, as appropriate.
What it takes:
Self-directed, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Technology sector experience
• Demonstrated B2B experience
• Track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
• Superior time management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Articulate, assertive oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop and influence partners’ business through strategic coaching
• Excellent presentation skills, both Webinar and in-person
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience
• Ability to travel at least 10% of the time
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act