Location: Canada, Virtual CanadaApply Now
As a Captiva Consultant, you will work closely together with other Professional Service Consultants in
the delivery of Open Text engagements, as well as with the Account Executives, Solution/Business
Consultants, and Strategic Partners throughout the sales and delivery cycles. This position is
focused on Enterprise accounts. The Captiva Consultant provides technical and functional thought
leadership, analyzes complex customer content and information requirements, and designs OpenText
solutions which may incorporate the whole Open Text product and solution portfolio. The Captiva Consultant is a customer facing Professional Services consultant and solution architect, and this position
requires coordination of both technical pre-sales activities around definition of the scope and effort,
design, implementation and deployment of the proposed solution, as well as troubleshooting of customer implementations.
Activities of this position include: delivering solutions and value presentations to a mixed audience of technical, business, operations, and management staff; providing technical leadership on the design,
implementation and delivery of projects; providing technical and functional guidance during the sales
cycle; conducting brainstorming sessions with customers on using Captiva Open Text in combination with other Open Text products and industry solutions to solve real-world problems; meeting internal standards and best practices for consistency, high quality project delivery. This role may also serve as a mentor to more junior consultants.
You are great at:
• Deliver Professional Services engagements with high quality.
• Demonstrate technical leadership across large Open Text and partner teams by ensuring solution quality, maximizing team output across onshore and/or offshore teams and multiple streams of efforts.
• Demonstrate technical leadership on Open Text’s Captiva Capture software line of business, by deploying software and building solutions for customers.
• Provide technical expertise by independently determining and developing approaches to solutions for a wide range of Captiva Capture designs.
• Ability to understand and translate customer business requirements into a system that best utilizes Captiva product functionality.
• Collaborate across customers’ organizations – business and IT, from technology infrastructure to decision makers to users and system administrators.
• Work in conjunction with Open Text colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues.
• Generate high-quality project documentation, including, but not limited to: technical architecture, design, test plans, installation and knowledge transfer documentation.
• Participate in code reviews, testing process, and certification of software solutions.
• Deliver application customizations and technical implementations using Open Text’s proven project methodology.
• Responsible for maintaining awareness of existing or potential customer software and hardware situations and proactively alerting the Open Text project manager and the sales team of potential problems based upon a strong working knowledge of customer’s environments.
• Provide technical expertise to troubleshoot and resolve escalated or troubled projects.
• Prepare, maintain, and submit weekly activity/progress reports and time to record reports in accordance with published procedures.
• Interact with sales, services and partners to scope effort and create solution offerings.
• Work with Open Text Sales teams to clearly communicate and sell the value of Open Text's Captiva solutions offerings to customers and prospects.
• Mentor junior consultants on the solutions, technology and delivery of OpenText Captiva projects.
What it takes:
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Proficient with C#, VB.NET and VBA
• Proficient with Captiva Capture with Advanced Recognition, including latest versions and at least two previous versions.
• Proficient Captiva Designer: Configuration of Profiles, Image Processing, Image Conversion, Document Types, Import and Export.
• Development and configuration of: CaptureFlow Process within graphical interface including, but not limited to: End to end configuration of all CaptureFlow Steps, Custom Values, UIM data mapping, UIM Scripting and Scripting in C# and VB.NET
• Deployment of Captiva Components to different environments including: Global Options, Database Connections, Email Connections, Queries, Profiles, Document Types and Capture Flows
• Configuration of Security related to Captiva: Microsoft SQL Server, Client Modules and Services, Web Clients and Web Services Hosting, Access Control Settings, Communication Security Settings, Data Security Settings, Secure Serviceability Settings, Security Alert Settings and Captiva Administrator Roles and Permissions Lists.
• Proficient with Captiva Recognition Project Development: Advanced recognition logic of Captiva Capture including templates, index families, free form rules, settings for advanced recognition modules, Production Auto-Learning, as well as configuration of settings, development and modification of recognition scripts. Includes configuration of Classification, Identification, Extraction and Collector modules and Integrated scripting and debugging for profiles developed.
• Proficient at Defining Queries in ODBC query statements and text files.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a technical role.
• Candidate must be proficient in conversing, reading and writing in French.
• A solid grasp of a variety of technologies that include development languages, tools, web-based technology and knowledge of software industry relating to many aspects of OpenText solutions.
• Ability to interact with technical resources and respond confidently to technical questions.
• Ability to interact with business resources and respond confidently to business and product usage questions.
• A strong presence, technical depth and breadth, and exceptional presentation skills are a must.
• Ability to communicate clearly in a written format.
• Excellent project delivery practices.
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
• This is a revenue generating position.
• Familiarity with the consulting profession.
• Travel is a requirement of this position.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.