Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, OH, Brook ParkApply Now
The Network Operations Center Jr. Support Analyst is responsible for maintaining 7x24x365 uptime and availability for all IT Corporate and Production Cloud Services. The position reports directly to the Network Operations Center Shift Manager. The Jr. Support Analyst is responsible for the health of all systems/environments and ensures all systems are being monitored/administered as required. They will learn the responsibilities of being an Operations Point Of Contact (POC) for all Critical Event Management. They will be responsible for Ticket Management across multiple services/environments, requiring updating and resolution of service requests and Incidents while meeting response & resolution OLA/SLA's. The roll requires oversight of Vendor Maintenance activities to ensure they are actively managed and completed as required. Additionally, they will provide guidance, support and backup responsibilities for Network Operations Center Monitoring Specialist resources (BCP). The Jr. Support Analyst provides direct support escalation for initial triage and troubleshooting to the Monitoring Specialist. They work closely with various support teams, including but not limited to; Engineering, various client facing teams, Product Development etc., providing resolution/work-arounds for all systems and services globally while ensuring OLA’s/SLA’s are adhered to. They must prioritize events and escalate as required while ensuring post event follow-up. They actively participate in all incidents, Major Incidents and some decision-making activities, as such; they must have good judgment and the ability to make sound business decisions while adhering to established policies & procedures. This will also require them to work closely with the Documentation Specialist - submitting updates for Operational procedures and policies as needed.
You are great at:
The Network Operations Center Jr. Support Analyst skill set requires in depth knowledge of all services, hardware, support and remediation tools and proper trouble-shooting techniques and procedures.
The Jr. Support Analyst is chartered with meeting or exceeding agreed to system availability numbers and driving low Mean Time To Resolution (MTTR) times, while identifying and driving continuous process improvement, providing critical insight for design/process improvement and moving the organization from reactive, to proactive Incident avoidance.
This will be done through active participation in post-event follow-up discussions and contributions to Problem Management, identifying gaps, known errors and assisting in root cause analysis.
They must be capable of consulting and communicating effectively with monitoring personnel, system engineers, developers and system SMEs to isolate hardware, software or system failures and ensure the proper course of remediation.
Good verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate and notify cross-functional OpenText departments including but not limited to, Executive Management, IT Operations and International Regions (both Business and IT).
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent IT job experience and training
• Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant IT experience
• Proficient with Unix/Linux/Windows based OS, Networking (Cisco)
• Ability to articulate clearly both in written and verbal communications
• Must be dependable & willing to work any shift in a 24x7x365 work environment, weekend and Holiday hours required
• Knowledge and use of common industry monitoring tools
• ITIL Best Practices and Methodologies certifications and/or knowledge
• The skills needed to make determinations of prioritization on critical system issues while meeting changing or conflicting priorities while maintaining effectiveness
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills
• Self-motivated and quality-driven, balanced with technical, analysis and support abilities
• Ability to defuse anger, resolve conflict and operate with a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task and respond to priority issues effectively
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Must be accountable and responsible
• Seek opportunities for continued personnel and business growth and improvement
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act