Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, OH, Brook ParkApply Now
System Engineers are responsible for maintaining 7x24x365 uptime and availability for all IT Corporate and commercial Cloud Services. The position reports directly to the Cloud Support Operations shift Manager and is responsible for second level support through troubleshooting, restoring and escalations events to ensure positive health of all systems/environments.
The Tier2 Cloud Support Operations team performs as the Point of Contact (POC) for all critical incident event escalations from NOC Tier1, Advanced Resolution teams and 3rd level support teams who identify potential service impacts. They will be responsible for incident ticket management across multiple services/environments, requiring updating and resolution of service requests and incidents events while meeting response & resolution OLA/SLA's and MTTR goals. The role requires oversight of vendor maintenance activities to ensure they are actively managed and completed as required. Additionally, Tier2 Cloud Support Operations will provide guidance, and on-site support and backup responsibilities for Opentext core data centers.
You are great at:
The Cloud System Engineer provides 2nd level triage and troubleshooting for events escalated by the Monitoring Specialists in NOC Tier1. Tier2 works closely with various support teams, including but not limited to; Engineering, Professional Services and Client Services, providing resolution/work-arounds for all systems and services globally while ensuring OLA’s/SLA’s are adhered to. Cloud System Engineers must prioritize events and escalate as required while ensuring post event follow-up. The team actively participates in all incidents, Major Incidents and decision-making activities, as such; they must have good judgment and the ability to make sound business decisions while adhering to established policies. They will act as the Technical Trainer/Mentor for Monitoring Specialist resources and new Cloud System Engineer personnel, providing internal training sessions/cross-training in their area of expertise. This will also require them to work closely with the Documentation Specialist - submitting updates for Operational procedures and policies as needed.
The Cloud System Engineer’s skill set requires a strong working knowledge of all services, hardware, support practices, remediation tools and proper trouble-shooting techniques and procedures. Cloud System Engineer is chartered with meeting or exceeding agreed to system availability numbers and driving low Mean Time to Resolution (MTTR) times, while identifying and driving continuous process improvement, providing critical insight for design/process improvement and moving the organization from reactive, to proactive Incident avoidance. This will be done through active participation in post-event follow-up discussions and contributions to Problem Management, identifying gaps, known errors and assisting in root cause analysis. They must be capable of consulting and communicating effectively with monitoring personnel, system engineers, developers and system SMEs to isolate hardware, software or system failures and ensure the proper course of remediation. Good verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate and notify cross-functional Opentext departments including but not limited to, Executive Management, IT Operations and International Regions (both Commercial and IT).
What it takes:
• Liberal Arts degree; two years of secondary schooling and/or equivalent IT job experience and training
• Minimum of 3 - 4 years of relevant IT experience
• Proficient with Unix/Linux/Windows based OS, Networking (Cisco)
• Ability to articulate clearly both in written and verbal communications
• Must be willing to work any shift in a 24x7x365 work environment, weekend and Holiday hours required
• Knowledge and use of common industry monitoring tools
• ITIL Best Practices and Methodologies certifications and/or knowledge
• The skills needed to make determinations of prioritization on critical system issues while meeting changing or conflicting priorities while maintaining effectiveness
• Coordination, organization and teaming skills
• Self-motivated and quality-driven, balanced with technical, analysis and support abilities
• Ability to multi-task and respond to priority issues effectively
• Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
• Must be accountable and responsible
• Seek opportunities for continued personnel and business growth and improvement
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.