Function: Technical Support
Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Open Text/GXS is seeking a Technical Support Specialist. This position is an intermediate level position. TSS’s are responsible for numerous B2B (business to business) functions such as production monitoring of data, error analysis, client correspondences (both electronic and phone) as well as deep dive investigation of issues stemming from production failures.
Must possess strong analysis & troubleshooting skills, excellent communication skills are required, both written and verbal. Experience in a rapid pace environment with willingness to undertake new challenges.
You are great at:
• Providing high quality technical support, effectively analyzing issues, providing issue resolution, and customer notification.
• Actively participates in self-improvement, process, and technology training programs.
• Continually strives to expand comprehension of troubleshooting methodologies
• Work cross-functionally within the organization, in a team environment, to deliver quality, satisfaction, and resolutions to the customers
• Submit and provide new content to knowledge base
• Manage Customer Accounts as requested
• Participate in documentation and product review
• May provide technical leadership and training for new and existing products within technical area
• Perform other/additional duties and projects that may be periodically assigned.
• Must be able to work the night shift, shift rotation, holidays
• Potential on-call rotation
• Potential Weekend work
What it takes:
• Possesses knowledge in UNIX/Linux.
• Possesses knowledge in Communication protocols (FTP, SFTP, AS2, HTTPS)
• Possess technical background in related field
• Ability to multitask and coordinate with internal resources during major incidents and/or high severity situations
• Associate or Bachelor Degree in Technical related field or Industry equivalent experience (preferred)
• Must have experience in fast paced support environment
• Must possess superb written and verbal skills
• Must demonstrate effective English communication skills and the capability of delivering technical solutions to customers
• Minimum 2 years technical support experience with related skills