Location: India, BengaluruApply Now
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer Engineering you will provide technical expertise and leadership on medium to large scale projects with internal and direct customer impact. Responsible for day-to-day technical guidance of Engineering team to ensure technical quality, product quality, and represent the engineering team in all communications with technical architects and development team. Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and within agreed upon quality standards. Work closely with cross-functional teams within OpenText and partner with key stakeholders.
You are great at:
• Deliver assigned projects to time, budget and agreed quality standards
• Partner with Product Management, Architecture, Operations, other delivery teams and Release Management to ensure effective launch and delivery of projects to satisfy business needs
• Lead teams to ensure project delivery success
• Build and maintain strong client relationships, internal and external
• Apply best-practices and coding patterns that ensure world-class solutions that are maintainable, modular, and of high code-quality
• Create a culture that insists on meeting expectations and delivering value
• Drive automated solutions that enable better efficiency and process improvement
• Mentor and coach the skills and talent in the team
• Assist and code review the development team, regular check-in and designs
• Manage communication cross-functionally and escalate promptly as issues arise
• Facilitate regular Steering Committee meetings and present to senior level management
• Take responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction during project delivery
• Maintain technical documentation, architecture presentations & influence the chief architect in decision making.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
What it takes:
Bachelor's or Master degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 13+ Years related experience, of which at least 6 years in development, 4+ years of experience as an architect or Senior principal engineer
• Strong design and coding experience
• Extensive experience with C++/C
• Experience with Java based aspect-oriented programming techniques
• Strong / deep understanding of Object oriented design and associated modeling tools
• Working knowledge of open source technologies: Linux, Apache
• Strong hands-on experience with building enterprise applications and server-side technologies
• Knowledge on Cloud deployments, Kubernetes & Cloud related technologies (Good to have)
• Must be confident, highly motivated and passionate about delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Must have strong organization, communication and planning skills.
• Must have extensive experience managing projects with Agile Scrum methodology.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.