Location: India, BengaluruApply Now
Manager, Software Engineering is responsible for setting direction and leadership to development teams, working on global projects. She/he will be responsible for People management, project delivery, Innovation, managing risks and mitigation.
This position requires leadership, excellent communication, and “hands-on” product development skills. She/He must have strong technical background, be able to lead technical/architectural discussion/decisions and proficient in motivating and leading the team, through vision, strategic positioning, and leadership characteristics. She/He must be highly energetic and passionate about delivery and quality; define goals, objectives and measurements for the teams, track performance and show continuous improvement. She/he will provide mentoring and coaching for the team to develop an iterative, continuous approach to feature delivery.
You are great at:
• Helps team achieve sprint/release goals while partnering with the Product Manager on overall business goals
• Work with cross-functional teams to ensure plans & resources are coordinated, and project deliverables are well defined, scoped and achieved
• Deliver assigned projects on time, budget and agreed quality standards
• Provide guidance, technical feedback and ensure release goal is achieved.
• Contributing to the team as part of Agile/Scrum team in capacity ranging from coding, quality to processes.
• Provide visibility to team impediments/risks and helps eliminate them
• Provide resource forecasting and optimize usage of resources
• Ensure appropriate and timely reporting
• Manage communication cross-functionally and escalate promptly when issues arise
• Ensure Team development and career progression
• Align with internal development process and improve the in-house methodology and delivery processes
• Be part of organization-wide initiatives and drive the change
What it takes:
• Minimum BE CS or equivalent experience
• 12+ years of industry engineering experience, with at least 6 years in a management or project management position
• Hands-on working experience in building complex enterprise solutions.
• Must have hands on experience in Java Full stack development. Experience in SaaS development.
• Hands-on experience with Quality control processes, practices, frameworks and ability to take along test engineers
• Proven track record of successful project/program management of mid to large size projects
• Agile project management training and experience required.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative problem solving skills required.
• Excellent communication and people skill required.
• Ability to organize, plan and create a team environment that will lead into a team motivated to deliver.
• Effective facilitation skills for participatory decision making.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.