Location: India, BengaluruApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
As a subject matter expert the Lead Software Engineer provides technical leadership for Solution Development involving implementing the Opentext Documentum product suite and industry domain expertise. Understands industry requirements, conducts detailed technical design, and determines level of effort & implementation approach. Leads a team of Software Engineers in the installation, development & integration aspects and contributes in a hands-on capacity for complex aspects of the implementation. Key responsibility is the successful execution of the Solution Development right from evaluating industry needs, assessing implementation options, proposing appropriate solutions and providing technical oversight to ensure delivery quality. Leverages industry best practices in the implementation of complex technical solutions utilizing the Documentum platform. Provides mentorship and oversight to junior staff members in solving technical implementation issues and motivates them to progressively take on increased responsibilities.
You are great at:
• Lead a team of software engineers reporting to an Engineering manager working on a particular Solution. Collaborate with the Solution/Engineering managers to define the project plan, risk mitigation plan, quality checklists and regularly communicate status to the Solution/Engineering manager. Proactively identify issues and implement preventive/remedial measures
• Participate and lead meetings related to solution scoping and planning. Assist in the creation of High-Level design document that address current and evolving solution requirements. Develop proof of concepts and prototypes to validate proposed solutions
• Understand requirements, assist solution team members in envisioning and documenting the solution architecture, conduct detailed design, determine level of effort, plan work breakdown structures and implementation approach
• Provide hands-on leadership to a team of software engineers in performing installation, development, configuration, integration and testing activities. Collaborate with senior staff and the project manager as required during solution development. Work in conjunction with colleagues and the Product Support organization to ensure effective resolution of technical issues encountered during implementations
• Facilitate meetings to discuss technical aspects of the solution and present appropriate technical solutions that balance the solution requirements with technical goals around performance, scalability, extensibility and maintainability
• Lead quality assurance activities, perform code reviews and QA reviews of technical documentation and perform periodic quality audits of the technical deliverables
• Prepare, maintain and submit activity/progress reports and other management reports in accordance with published procedures. Keep project managers informed of activities and alert of any issues promptly. Provide inputs as part of engagement closure on project learnings and suggest improvements
• Provide knowledge transfer to team members, train staff personnel, provide on the job guidance and mentoring and conduct training sessions to customer personnel when authorized by management
• Adhere to processes and methodologies to perform the required function including providing oversight of team members to ensure compliance. Report deviations from defined processes to the engagement project manager and recommend associated improvements
What it takes:
• Excellent grasp of the principles of Enterprise Content Management systems and the value proposition it offers to customers
• Solid understanding of application architecture design principles, design patterns, database modeling and service oriented architectures
• Knowledge of systems architecture design & planning utilizing physical and virtualized environments
• Experience in Documentum Content Server, D2, xCP, DFS, DFC, BOF, WDK, DQL, TaskSpace, BPM, Captiva, Documentum Administrator, LDAP Configuration
• Proficient in programming using Core Java, Spring framework, JSP, JDBC, Servlets, AJAX, XML, XSLT, HTML, SQL
• Experience in Application Servers like WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss etc.
• Proficient in techniques for performance testing and tuning RDBMS query performance
• Good understanding of internet protocols, network and application security methods
• Working knowledge of various flavors of Unix (AIX, Solaris, Linux etc) and Windows operating systems
• Good hands-on experience in designing Use Case and software modeling tools like UML.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Sharepoint and its integration with Documentum.
• Experience in iPad/Mobile app development, development & deployment of cloud based on-demand applications is a plus
• Domain expertise in Life Science, Healthcare, Energy or Engineering industries highly desired
• Strong planning and analytical skills combined with ability to work with geographically distributed teams in a rapid development model
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to present complex technical topics in a manner non-technical stakeholders can easily understand
• Good team motivation skills
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.