Location: Canada, BC, VancouverApply Now
As a Senior Consultant, you will work closely together with other Professional Service Consultants in the delivery of Open Text engagements, as well as with the Account Executives, Solution/Business Consultants, and Strategic Partners throughout the sales and delivery cycles. This position is focused on Enterprise accounts.
A Senior Consultant provides technical and functional thought leadership, analyzes complex customer content and information requirements, and designs OpenText solutions. The Senior Consultant will understand the technology needed to be applied to offer the most effective solutions offered by Open Text products, with an emphasis on the Open Text Content Server product lines. Applies expert business skills and consulting methodologies to collect and analyze data. Designs configure and implement Open Text solutions based on customer requirements. Must efficiently collaborate with other dependent resources to assure tasks are completed to meet project specifications.
Activities of this position include: delivering solutions and value presentations to a mixed audience of technical, business, operations, and management staff; analyzing customer requirements and providing thought leadership on the design of a solution; implementing technical configurations; providing technical and functional guidance; conducting brainstorming sessions with customers on using Open Text Content Server in combination with other Open Text products and industry solutions to solve real-world problems; meeting internal standards and best practices for consistency, high quality project delivery.
You are great at:
• Deliver Professional Services engagements with high quality.
• Ability to understand and translate customer business requirements into a system that best utilizes Content Server product functionality.
• Demonstrate technical leadership on Open Text’s Content Server software line of business, by analyzing requirements and building solutions for customers, specifically focusing on Content Server Community, Information & Security Modeling, Records Management & Physical Objects, Workflow and Reporting.
• Demonstrate technical leadership across Open Text and partner teams by ensuring solution quality, maximizing team output across onshore and/or offshore teams and multiple streams of efforts.
• Demonstrating the strengths of Open Text products by making presentations, and/or delivering workshops and live demonstrations.
• Work in conjunction with Open Text colleagues to ensure effective resolution of technical issues.
• Generate high-quality project documentation, including, but not limited to: requirements document, technical design, test plans, and knowledge transfer documentation.
• Acting as technical and organizational lead an expert during the project lifecycle
• Participate in multiple projects simultaneously.
• Provide functional expertise to troubleshoot and resolve escalated or troubled projects.
• Interact with sales, services and partners to scope effort and create solution offerings.
• Self-motivated, delivering projects in both a team environment, as well as working independently.
• Prepare, maintain, and submit weekly activity/progress reports and time to record reports in accordance with published procedures.
• Mentor junior consultants on the solutions, technology and delivery of OpenText Content projects.
What it takes:
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Proficient with Open Text Content Server, Open Text Records Management, Open Text Workflow and Open Text Web Reports.
• Familiarity with other OpenText Enterprise Content Management (ECM) applications.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a consulting role.
• Candidate must be proficient in conversing, reading and writing in French.
• A solid grasp of a variety of technologies that include development languages, tools, web-based technology and knowledge of the software industry relating to many aspects of OpenText solutions.
• Ability to interact with business resources and respond confidently to business and product usage questions.
• Ability to interact with technical resources and respond confidently to technical questions.
• A strong presence, technical depth and breadth, and exceptional presentation skills are a must.
• Ability to communicate clearly in a written format.
• Excellent project delivery practices.
• Ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
• This is a revenue generating position.
• Travel is a requirement of this position.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.