Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, TX, AustinApply Now
Provide expert level network design, understand all aspects and best practices for enterprise data center infrastructure. Work diligently to meet project and business timelines for design and deployment of network infrastructure. Work to provide best solutions for connectivity between data centers and clients.
You are great at:
• Primary responsibilities include performing project-based engineering, design, along with supporting engineering teams in the installation and troubleshooting of network and security solutions.
• LAN and WAN routing and switching design, configuration and deployment in small to very large and complex environments including Internet Edge architectures, highly available multitenant data center environments
• Provide network engineering consulting services to other groups in the organization including: assessment, design and implementation of network and security products/solutions
• Provide technical leadership on complex projects requiring cross-disciplinary teams of engineers.
• Develop comprehensive requirements and design documentation and effectively manage the implementation process from design to customer acceptance
What it takes:
• We seek a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• You possess at least 10 years of related experience providing project deliverables in an Enterprise or Service Provider environment
• Strong communication skills
• Solid documentation experience with Microsoft® Visio, Word, and Excel, PowerPoint
• Ambitious and goal-oriented, with an initiative to work until the job is complete.
• Expert-level knowledge and experience with design, implementation and support of the following:
o Complex routing and switching solutions (Cisco is a must, Nexus strongly preferred)
o Multi-protocol environments, with mutual redistribution of routing protocols
o Network virtualization technologies
o IPv4 and IPv6 protocols
• Potential candidates must also possess experience and demonstrate expertise in at least one or more of the following areas:
o Software-defined networking
o IaaS and PaaS solutions
o Solution integration with 3rd party cloud providers, including Amazon, Azure, Google
o Securing network operations administration and management
o Application load balancing/Acceleration solutions Network IDS/IPS solutions
o Network automation
• Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and be flexible with hours.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act