Location: US, TX, DallasApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Data Scientist is a core member of the OpenText Magellan team, working together to develop revenue opportunities within the OpenText customer and prospect base. The position will involve analyzing complex customer requirements to provide a compelling, unique value proposition to the customer, which leverages one or more solutions from the OpenText EIM suite.
The Data Scientist will be mostly responsible for building machine-learning models using Jupyter Notebook programming in Python and R. The Data Scientist will work with the Magellan team to help the customer visualize the value proposition by building out customized demonstrations of OpenText Magellan solutions and delivering technology and business level presentations to technical, business and management-level audiences.
You are great at:
• Understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts and
recommendation and optimization algorithms.
• Working on complex problems that may require research and deep knowledge
of the solution and address broad design issues for future projects.
• Providing technical leadership to deliver successful solutions to large
corporations and government agencies.
• Applying both technical and business skills to create and build solutions to
meet the customer’s business requirements.
• Developing best practices for implementation projects
• Artificial Intelligence and Deep learning/Neural Networks knowledge, creating
rich, meaningful data visualizations.
What it takes:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field degree.
• At least 4 years of professional experience in Analytics/Data Science.
• Experience with Jupyter Notebook
• Expertise on Spark in general and MLlib specifically (PySpark, Scala, SparkR)
• Programming skills and advanced knowledge of Python and R.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong analytical and creative mindset.
• Experience with SQL, ETLs and data structures.
• Experience working with large, multi-dimensional real datasets and real business projects.
• Able to work in a team environment.
• Willing to travel. In some cases, travel could be international.
• Experience with Java will be appreciated.
• Deep learning/Neural Networks knowledge will be appreciated.
• Experience creating rich, meaningful data visualizations will be appreciated.
• Knowledge/Experience with big data technologies will be appreciated.
• Experience with business intelligence tools will be appreciated.
• Experience analyzing unstructured content will be appreciated.
• Experience with text mining and analyzing unstructured data.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act