Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
The Security Engineer will fully understand a wide array of security processes and concepts. The Security Engineer will provide extensive security support functions for the Open Text Commercial and Corporate infrastructure for internal and external customers. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, security services, and common security issues. The role will focus on leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team and completing tasks in conjunction with the GIS Team’s activities and projects.
You are great at:
• Developing new tools for Security process automation using open-source or vendor APIs
• Implementing and using tools for public Cloud environments in Google Compute Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) as well as private Cloud infrastructure
• Analyzing and report on data from security tools and sharing insights with engineering teams
• Automating areas of vulnerability management, managing antivirus/endpoint protection, identity governance, and SIEM
• Participating in Security Incident response and responding to investigation requests
• Writing and update documentation to including training material and procedures
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• 5+ years in Information systems support or security engineering
• Hands-on relevant experience in a DevOps, Security or System Administration role.
• Expertise in DevOps automation, scripting, and infrastructure as code using Python, Ansible, Puppet, CloudFormation, etc.
• Experience working with software build tools like Jenkins and Git.
• Experience within operations, administering both Windows and Linux machines.
• Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle with experience working in QA and beta environments.
• Experience with virtualization and container solutions (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
• Rotational 24x7 on call
• Great analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work alone with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
• Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing fast paced environment
• Resourceful in knowing how to research problems and find information on related topics
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, or ISSMP certifications preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act