Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
Under the direction of the Director of Information Protection Center (IPC), the Senior Manager, Threat and Vulnerability Management will lead, direct, expand, and mature a risk based global vulnerability management program. This hands-on position drives the development, deployment, and maturity of our Threat and Vulnerability Management program. This position also manages the daily activities of a highly technical staff of security engineers and analysts that are focused on all aspects of the Threat and Vulnerability Management program.
You are great at:
• Providing Vulnerability Management direction and program services execution
• Owning and maturing vulnerability management programs in private and public cloud environments.
• Designing and driving strategy and tactical plans toward holistic vulnerability management across multiple technology teams in a large complex organization
• Managing teams that perform technical security assessments of applications and infrastructure, as well as secure design & configuration.
• Deploying Vulnerability Management services in cloud environments such as GCP, AWS, and Azure
• Managing the consolidation of large sets of data specific to vulnerabilities to apply accurate risk ranking and prioritization.
• Providing support for network penetration testing
• Leading and delivering Vulnerability Management related reporting and metrics including Key Risk Indicators (KRI’s) as required.
• Driving and overseeing the development of vulnerability management (Playbooks, Run Books)
• Working in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks and directives.
• Performing special projects and other duties as assigned
• Coaching and mentoring technical teams. Reporting on team performance.
What it takes:
Skills and Attributes
• Hands-on in the trenches experience leading large highly technical teams.
• Strong experience in vulnerability management services for complex applications, network systems, operating systems, system hardening and secure configuration frameworks
• Expert in driving vulnerability management reporting and provides leadership and guidance to IT teams in patching and solutions to mitigate security threats.
• Experience with vulnerability management tools, such as Qualys, Nessus, Rapid7, and others.
• Experience with cloud security vendors, e.g., Google, AWS, Azure, others.
• Experience creating and refining metrics to articulate and measure program performance.
• Extensive knowledge of computer security architectures and protocols, including firewalls, DMZs, remote access/VPN, wireless LANs, penetration testing, web security, Windows and UNIX operating systems, DDoS third party services, other.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced and changing environment while handling multiple tasks, priorities, and directives. Capable of working under pressure.
• Strong people management skills across a large team of security SMEs..
• Strong written and communication and presentation skills. and the ability to effectively relate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or other relevant discipline.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a threat & vulnerability management expert and developing programs.
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in working in IT Security
• Demonstrated experience building and managing vulnerability management programs.
• Knowledge of Application Development, Network Engineering, Operating systems (UNIX, Linux, Windows), and cloud security.
• CISSP, CISA, CISM, or certifications preferred.
The preferred location for the position is either in Waterloo, ON, Richmond Hill, ON, Alpharetta, GA, or Brook Park, OH. Work shift will coincide with United States Eastern Time Zone Day Shift.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.