Function: Technical Support
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
Reporting to a Senior Manager, this role will involve being a point of customer escalation for US Restricted accounts during high urgency or high severity situations, requiring the manager to addresses and manage customer communications and incident resolution.
This Manager will have the opportunity to build a new technical support team from the ground up.
The responsibilities of this Manager include managing the team members, prioritizing and managing escalated and large accounts, interfacing with customers, and ensuring compliance with the Open Text Customer Support policy
Additionally, this Manager will have the opportunity to learn the technology in the OpenText Security space and will also have functional responsibilities for Non Direct Reporting staff involving being a local management representative for staff that don’t have local managers.
You are great at:
* Front Line Manager for US Restricted Accounts. Communicating directly with customers and ensuring that their needs are understood and communicated to other functions of the organization.
* Direct responsibility to oversee the operations of a US Based Customer Support team. This encompasses time management, issue prioritization, and policy compliance.
* Deliver a customer centered philosophy.
* Mentor the Customer Support team members
* Manage all customer relations for customer problems that are escalated to your attention. This includes developing action plans for escalated customer problems, informing customers of the plans, and keeping customers apprised of the progress.
* Develop standard operating procedures for the Open Text Customer Support team.
* Participate in Human Resource activities such as hiring, performance management, training, etc.
* Creative thinker and able to adapt to change
* To provide leadership and facilitate open communication between Technical Analysts within the group and other departments within Open Text.
What it takes:
* 8+ years of relevant experience. Highly developed professional/technical skills are needed to perform the job.
* Previous experience leading technical teams (strong team building skills are required).
* Previous experience interfacing with customers in a support capacity.
* Previous experience managing C-level escalation situations.
* Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
* Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation.
* Highly organized with an ability to balance multiple projects and escalations in a fast paced environment.
* Strong technical background and experience, including knowledge of the following:
- Relational databases such as Oracle, and MS SQL Server, Unix and Windows Servers
- Web technologies such as web servers, browsers, etc.
- Networking protocols, architecture and devices such as load balancers
- Enterprise software solution architectures
- Familiarity with cluster and Disaster Recovery architectures and concepts
- Familiarity with validated environments and security compliance in the enterprise
- Enterprise software deployment in the cloud
- Familiarity with Security and forensic hardware and software an asset (enterprise risk, information security and digital investigation)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.