Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
OpenText is seeking a commercial Legal Counsel to join OpenText’s in-house legal team based in our Gaithersburg, Maryland, San Mateo, California or Alpharetta, Georgia offices. This is a diverse role that will include drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial technology agreements in support of Americas region sales activity for OpenText’s Enterprise business, including software licenses, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal advice on company transactions, and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
You are great at:
• Working effectively and pragmatically in a fast-paced environment
• Managing multiple responsibilities
• Understanding the complexities of a multi-faceted business
• Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements
• Communicating clearly and solving problems
• Building positive working relationships with teammates, internal clients and customers
• Providing high quality, practical legal support
What it takes:
• Strong academic record and experience working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment
• 3+ years previous experience conducting contract negotiations preferred
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited law school
• Enthusiastic, hard-working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
• Desire to learn and participate in new business opportunities and participate in the decision-making process
• Solid “hands on” experience drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of agreements, particularly in software licensing, professional services contracts, maintenance and support agreements and cloud-based offerings.
• Knowledge of working within the IT sector and assisting sales executives on commercial and sales transactions.
• Background in contract support for a variety of business functions including sales, marketing, engineering and other internal clients.
• Ability to advise management on risks across the business and strategies for mitigation
• Good judgment and attention to detail
• Learns quickly and thinks creatively
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.