Function: Technical Support
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
The Designated Support Engineer provides technical support for Documentum customers as a dedicated support resource. This resource is the primary contact for Documentum support customers and must have very strong technical and analytical skills along with a deep knowledge of Documentum products and surrounding technology. Designated Support Engineer position is a customer facing role.
You are great at:
* Directly accessing other senior technical resources at Opentext’s support facilities for assistance with problem management.
* Conducting regular conference calls (or other regular communications mutually agreed to) to lead, discuss, and review open issues or other activities related to support for the specified product line.
* Conducting TL Support business reviews at agreed upon intervals (monthly, quarterly, etc.) to discuss upcoming product release, review support activity and tools, and other matters related to support for the specified product line(s).
* Troubleshoot complex customer issues involving multiple layers of technology.
* Recommend and implement multiple layers of tracing (Documentum, application server, database, network, etc.) to isolate issues.
* Install VMware images of Documentum solutions that resemble customer deployments to aid in issue replication and resolution.
* Collect and analyze heap dumps to troubleshoot memory and heap related issues.
* Collect and analyze thread dumps to troubleshoot slow and hanging application server issues.
What it takes:
* Deep understanding of the Documentum product stack, particularly with regards to administration and troubleshooting. However, other Documentum project lifecycle skills
such as architecture and development are also highly desirable.
* Experience with all Documentum products is a plus, particularly newer products such as D2, xCP, xPlore, and Webtop. However, a deep knowledge of core Documentum technology (Content Server, DFC) is essential.
* Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Solid understanding of OS System Administration (Windows, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
* Experience with database administration and performance tuning (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
* Working knowledge of J2EE technologies. This includes an understanding of web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere, etc.), Web services frameworks, and Java programming.
* Ability to understand and use various programming languages and technologies is a plus (Java, C, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.).
* Ability to work independently and be the primary Opentext technical representative for the customer.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act