Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company™, OpenText enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions. Recently acquired by OpenText, the Liaison Technologies team works on ALLOY®, a next-generation platform that connects complex applications, data and devices. Join this team at OpenText to inspire our global customer base with fresh insights and new ways to work!
Integration Solution Engineer
The Integration Solution Engineer implements software services on the new cutting-edge Liaison ALLOY platform that receives, parses, routes, transforms, and delivers electronic business documents between our customers' systems and their trading partners’ systems. Our team implements complex integrations and creates new software components that enable Liaison’s enterprise customers, including many Fortune 500 companies to automate the exchange of supply chain documents, financial transactions, and other types of messages with their business partners. Tasks typically include gathering requirements from customers, documenting functional specifications, developing and testing software components, and prototyping new components and processes. Candidates will work very closely with other services teams and core engineering teams to deliver projects and solutions that build the foundation for a new generation of integration and data management platforms. The is a customer facing role. Candidates will need to be committed to maintaining the highest degree of client satisfaction with every Liaison customer and trading partner.
You are great at:
• Recognize common requirements and implement re-usable code modules and procedures to improve the team’s efficiency and productivity
• Drive the development of software services from collaboration on requirements definition, feature design, coding, testing, and deployment
• Establish best practices and mentor teammates
• Management of work tasks resulting in timely delivery and client satisfaction
• Regular and timely communication of status to Liaison management, customers, trading partners, and other members of the Liaison team
• Some occasional travel working at client sites required
• Location: US (remote), ATL is preferred
What it takes:
• Java (Server side intermediate skill) preferred or intermediate experience implementing software using a compiled, object-oriented language such as C#, or C++, etc.
• Strong emphasis in writing codes that are testable via automated testing
• Proven ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Networking - working knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, FTP, SFTP, and FTPS
• Messaging protocols - working knowledge of RESTful, SOAP, WebServices, JMS
• Structured Data - Experience designing and implementing software that stores and manipulates structured data, such as relational databases, XML, delimited and fixed-width flat files, or standards-based flat files (EDI X12, EDIFACT)
• Customer-facing experience – Liaison Professional Services is an enterprise consulting team. Prior experience working directly with external or internal customers:
o Excellent customer management instincts and abilities
o Gathering business requirements
o Documenting functional specifications
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills, particularly the ability to provide task status and explain technical issues to customers.
o Proven experience in working in a remote team environment.
o Able to work with minimal supervision and adhere to tight project timeline
• Prior experience implementing B2B Integration connections is nice to have, but not required. Specific optional skills include:
o Integration Platforms - webMethods, Tibco, Mule, Microsoft BizTalk, Dell Boomi
o XSLT or other data mapping tools
o Standards-based flat files – EDI X12, EDIFACT, HL7
• Familiarity with tools – GIT, Confluence, JIRA, Oracle SQL Developer, SoapUI, Atom, and Angular.js is a plus
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act