Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company™, OpenText enables organizations to gain insight through market leading information management solutions. Recently acquired by OpenText, the Liaison Technologies team works on ALLOY®, a next-generation platform that connects complex applications, data and devices. Join this team at OpenText to inspire our global customer base with fresh insights and new ways to work!
The Application Engineer is the defender of all business applications. They perform deployments, configuration, administration, automation and tuning of application software for internal platforms such as ALLOY, DXP, VAN, and TaaS. This role will define and enforce monitoring standards. They complete necessary maintenance tasks like upgrades, provide technical support and troubleshooting of application related issues.
The Application Engineer should possess a strong understanding of software architecture and
programming principles. They support disaster recovery and security compliance activities.
You are great at:
• 5 years of software engineering experience working with distributed platforms.
• 5 years working with Linux OS systems such as Red Hat Linux.
• Proficient in troubleshooting complex distributed 3-tiered architecture application with solutions.
• Proficient in the delivery of tested and verified solutions while adhering to SDLC and best practices.
• Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and automated testing in a virtualized/containerized environment.
• 4 years of experience with programming languages such as JAVA, Python and shell scripting.
• Proficient with relational and distributed database basics
• Excellent communication skills taking ownership and initiative to drive successful outcomes.
What it takes:
• Experience with supporting, deploying and managing Kubernetes platforms.
• Strong experience troubleshooting and tuning Linux, Windows, and Java JVM's.
• Experience working in a CI / CD environment with tools such as Jenkins.
• Experience with configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
• Experience with preparing dashboards for Performance / Capacity Management.
• Experience with event logging, Splunk, ELK, Application Performance Monitors such as App Dynamics
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act