Function: Cloud Services
Location: US, GA, AlpharettaApply Now
The Senior Systems Engineer supports all business platforms. They perform deployments, configuration, administration, automation and tuning for internal platforms such as ALLOY, DXP, VAN, and TaaS. This role will define and enforce monitoring standards. They complete necessary maintenance tasks like upgrades, provide technical support and troubleshooting of application related issues.
The Senior Systems Engineer should possess a strong understanding of software architecture and programming principles. They support disaster recovery and security compliance activities.
You are great at:
• Supporting, deploying and managing Kubernetes platforms.
• Troubleshooting and tuning VMware VMs, Linux, Windows, and Java JVM's.
• Working in a CI / CD environment with tools such as Jenkins.
• Configuration management such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef.
• Preparing dashboards for Performance / Capacity Management.
• Event logging, LogRhythm, Splunk, ELK, Application Performance Monitors such as App Dynamics, New Relic
What it takes:
• 5 years of software engineering experience working with distributed platforms.
• 5 years working with Linux OS systems such as Red Hat Linux.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
• Proficient in troubleshooting complex distributed 3-tiered architecture application with solutions.
• Proficient in the delivery of tested and verified solutions while adhering to SDLC and best practices.
• Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, configuration management, and automated testing in a virtualized/containerized environment.
• 4 years of experience with programming languages such as JAVA, Python and shell scripting.
• Proficient with relational and distributed database basics
• Excellent communication skills taking ownership and initiative to drive successful outcomes.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA), Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.