Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will work with the Financial Controller to support the controllership functions for Open Text’s Canadian Entities. The SFA will be an integral part of the accounting cycle, providing support to the Global Finance team, assisting in accounting and financial reporting activities as well as regional requirements for the particular legal entities in Canada. The SFA will be a key member of the North American finance team, managing traditional controllership responsibilities, in addition to being a significant contributor to the consolidated US GAAP close.
You are great at:
• Responsible for the close for the Canadian entities: Perform analytical review of period end financial results. Respond to monthly questions from management on the balance sheet and P&L review. Prepare the annual legal entity memo. Review account reconciliations and promote best practices with Group Shared Services Centre (GSSC) to ensure proper accounting and controls are in place.
• Responsible for review and approval of regular GST/HST/QST returns, GST/HST/QST compliance and CRA tax audit;
• Responsible for the Canadian Controllership requirements: Support the tax group in the preparation of the annual tax return. Provide support material for tax compliance requirements. Provide support for period end tax information packages (TIP). Assist with commodity and income tax audits. Liaison with Business Finance regarding finance matters pertaining to Canada. Prepare US GAAP financial statements with IFRS reconciliations. Prepare and file Canadian statistical filings
• Provides local support to the business for matters pertaining to Canada: Assists the business in addressing finance matters. Provides general support and information to the business as requested
• Provides support for new acquisitions and legal entity system migrations. Participate in post-acquisition integration activities. Participate in migration meetings and conference calls when required. Assist with GL migrations
What it takes:
• 5+ years of experience in a finance role
• Experience with general Controllership requirements
• Good knowledge of IFRS and U.S. GAAP reporting
• Working knowledge of GST/HST/QST
• Strong collaboration and organizational skills
• Must be meticulous and detail oriented
• Capable of working independently, multi-tasking to establish priorities, and completing objectives without supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge SAP is an asset
• Finance degree (CA, CMA, CGA, or equivalent)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.