Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
This 14 month CONTRACT is reporting to the Supervisor/ Manager, Billing.
The Shared Services Specialist is an integral role in ensuring Billing delivery excellence in the Order to Cash function. He/She brings their subject matter expertise in software services billing, great customer service, team work and business partner skills to effectively support your peers, leaders, Sales and other key stakeholders in delivering Billing efficacy. You also bring your professional approach and strong process capabilities to support our process automation goals. Integrations are a way of life at OpenText, so you lead change in your everyday approach with your peers and other key stakeholders in delivering on the Billing mandate.
You are great at:
• Accountable to ensure your portfolio of orders meet /exceed billing targets, including ensuring PO’s and legal agreement information meets the standards;
• Peer audit reviews on work from contract through invoice; you successfully complete proper training of our junior team members;
• Partner with Sales and Collections to resolve billing and collections issues, including completing account reconciliations to ensure accurate and complete resolution to achieve month end, quarter end targets;
• Responsible to effectively manage external customer/stakeholder inquiries on billing processes, internal controls and policies;
• Responsible to follow all internal controls and policies related to order processing and billing to protect OpenText’s brand;
• As a SME, work with project teams to deliver on acquisition integrations as required as well Identify and support continuous improvement initiatives, including ensuring your voice is heard for us to make the right changes to deliver on process automation goals;
• Deliver on other priorities as assigned to execute on the Billing mandate.
What it takes:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Billing for software Billing function; Global billing experience preferred
• Strong working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft office, Sales force
• Strong customer service and business partner skills and experience
• Strong working knowledge of accounting principles and US GAAP Revenue Recognition
• Demonstrated ability to present information logically and concisely to stakeholders at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing; multi-lingual skills an asset
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical ability
• Demonstrated ability to train, utilizing change management methodologies to ensure your peers and stakeholders successfully use new processes
• Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work on and prioritize various deliverables
• College /University with Accounting or Finance preferred
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.