Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Technical Analyst will be responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures to provide end to end highest quality technical support on OpenText products, addressing the customer’s concerns not just at a technical level but also from a customer service perspective, collaborating with others as needed.
You are great at:
• Represent OpenText with excellent composure, patience and empathy in highly critical situations
• Isolate, reproduce and analyze complex or escalated support issues through to resolution, either via assignment or direct ownership depending on severity
• Manage delicate customer relationships and clearly document all interactions within the company database. This may include tracking multiple issues and regular status calls.
• Testing of Open Text product issues within various environments for validation and solution purposes.
• Collaborate with other departments and teams in troubleshooting issues.
• Report software bugs and customer suggestions, and interface with development to prioritize issues, further troubleshoot and test solutions.
• Serve as point of escalation and mentor for others
• Document and review processes, best practices, white papers, etc. for both internal and customer consumption.
• Provide feedback on the direction and requirements of the sandbox environments, assist in building and maintain these environments
• Design and deliver technical training on existing and new product as required
• Review queues and provide feedback to specialists and management
What it takes:
• 4+ plus years of similar or relevant experience or demonstrated ability
• Strong functional expertise with Enterprise products
• Proven success in a Customer Service role
• Seen as an advisor/expert in a technical/functional capacity
• University/College degree technology related or equivalent work experience
• Specialization in one or more technical areas - typically within Product teams being managed
• Familiarity with one or more operating system
• Experience with database product and technology desired.
• Programming skills or understanding is an asset.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Eager to learn new technologies
• Must Have: 3 or more of the following
Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge in:
• Computer Networking
• Web Administration
• Active Directory/LDAP
• DB Management (Backup/Restore)
• Oracle\MS-SQL experience
• Application Server experience, deploying apps\supporting them
• Server technologies: Understanding the bigger picture of network deployments, support in a large environment
• Windows & *NIX troubleshooting
• Infrastructure using High Availability
• Knowledge in Net Monitoring Tools
• SMTP Server
• Wireshark\Fiddler experience
• Performance troubleshooting
• SSL Certificates - high level understanding
• POP3 - Email communication
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.