Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Internal Audit contributes to the ongoing effectiveness of OpenText Corporation (the "Company") in the accomplishment of its mission and vision. In particular, Internal Audit provides independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the Company's operations and systems of internal controls. Internal Audit provides Management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an evaluation of the internal controls of the Company. Internal Audit activities will meet or exceed the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
You are great at:
• Performing risk assessment interviews with management on an engagement basis.
• Translating high priority financial reporting and accounting risks into actionable audit programs. Leading specific audits of SOX or financial reporting, and regulatory audits, including planning individual audits, performing tests and reporting.
• Supervising or reviewing some tests prepared by analysts. Managing engagement performance in accordance with predefined deadlines. Independently developing tests for the most complex internal audit assignments.
• Performing and documenting tests, and for less complex tests, must be able to review tests. Full scope responsibility for delivery of a complete SOX or Internal audit unit (e.g. one full business cycle, one full location audit, one full functional department) with the guidance and direction of the Financial Governance Audit Manager. Planning, performing and reporting a low to medium risk financial reporting and accounting audit engagements with guidance from audit management.
• Assisting managers in assessment of requirements for staff and making recommendations for sourcing of audit resources, monitoring and supervision. Assisting managers in their objectives to interact with management to inform them and obtain their support for the SOX Compliance Program and IA objectives.
• Leading the Audit from the introductory to closing meeting. Ensuring management is kept abreast of audit activities/findings, presenting audit results and recommended actions to management, and determining if appropriate and timely action is being taken for all significant items reported. Scoping, identifying risks and recommending design of controls / processes. Preparing audit reports and preparing and reviewing working papers that support opinions and recommendations to improve process, system and control deficiencies.
• Documenting your work using Microsoft products as well as OpenText’s SOX Tool (LiveLink™ based document database).
• Managing the update and integrity of the LiveLink tool (documentation of internal controls and tests) for a portion of internal controls.
• Developing and updating risk and control database related to internal audit and controls (Certification)
What it takes:
• 5-8 years minimum overall related experience
• Internal Audit experience (ideally 2-4 years)
• Good familiarity with the COSO control framework. Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP and SEC/SOX/CSA internal control and disclosure requirements. Previous SOX/C-SOX experience preferred
• Report writing skills. Strong communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Works with sense of urgency and efficiency, strong orientation towards integrity
• Developing supervisory or managerial skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/ sensitive nature
• Up to 20% travel may be required
• Preference will go to candidates with an accounting Designation such as CPA (Canada or US), and CIA (alternatively candidate could be working towards the designation)
• University Degree
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.