Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will work with the Financial Controller to support the controllership functions for Open Text’s US entities, with $1B + in revenue. The SFA will be an integral part of the accounting cycle, providing support to the Global Finance team, assisting in accounting and financial reporting activities as well as regional requirements for the particular legal entities in the US. The SFA will be a key member of the North American finance team, managing traditional controllership responsibilities, in addition to being a significant contributor to the consolidated US GAAP close.
You are great at:
• Responsible for the US GAAP close for the US entities: Perform analytical review of period end financial results. Respond to monthly questions from management on the balance sheet and P&L review. Review account reconciliations and promote best practices with Accounting Services to ensure proper accounting and controls are in place.
• Responsible for the US Controllership requirements: Support the tax group in the preparation of the annual tax return. Assist with commodity and income tax audits. Prepare US GAAP financial statements. Prepare and file US statistical filings.
• Provides local support to the business for matters pertaining to the US: Assists the business in addressing finance matters. Provides general support and information to the business as requested.
• Provides support for new acquisitions and legal entity system migrations: Participate in post-acquisition integration activities. Assist with GL migrations
What it takes:
• 8+ years of experience in a finance leadership role, preferably in a technology company
• Experience with general Controllership requirements
• Good knowledge of U.S. GAAP reporting
• Strong collaboration and organizational skills
• Must be meticulous and detail oriented
• Capable of working independently, multi-tasking to establish priorities, and completing objectives without supervision in a fast paced environment.
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of Great Plains, Oracle and SAP is an asset
• Finance degree (CA, CMA, CGA, or equivalent)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.