OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
We’re hiring for a team that works on taking OpenText to the next level using modern technologies and frameworks. It’s the team that brings you OpenText Core (https://core.opentext.com). We are looking for passionate developers that are ambitious, creative, and driven to work on difficult problems and provide innovative solutions.
As a Senior Mobile Developer you will be one of the primary contributors to the OpenText Core Android application. The role’s responsibilities include implementing new software features, fixing bugs, participating in design discussions, working with other teams to ensure that the HTTP API exported by the OpenText Core server is suitable for the Android application, and assisting the Quality Assurance team with their test design and bug resolution activities.
You are great at:
• Developed software for at least 5 years, including applications for the Android operating system
• A degree in Computer Science or related engineering or equivalent experience and knowledge
• Communicated the merits of various designs and approaches
• Contributed ideas during design and planning discussions
• Mentored junior developers, providing guidance and feedback on their work
• Reviewed code of other developers
• A willingness to learn new technologies and proactively identify such technologies as appropriate
What it takes:
• Experience with Android Studio and/or IntelliJ IDEA IDE
• Experience Git revision control system
• Experience with Gradle build system and Groovy
• Experience with Continuous Integration servers like TeamCity or Jenkins
• Experience with data encryption libraries, such as BouncyCastle
• Having worked within an Agile software development process
• Having a basic knowledge of the OpenText Core Android application, freely downloadable from the Google Play Store
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org