Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Reporting directly in to the Director, CEO Program Management Office, it is your job to work on high visibility programs allowing you to expand your paradigm and challenge yourself professionally. As a Program Manager within the PMO, you will be managing strategic, company-wide programs that are sponsored by executive stakeholder(s). It will be your job to take on a leadership role in executing programs and projects that deliver against the companies key goals and take ownership of CEO level escalations. You will collaborate to influence and champion change which drives new ways of doing business and provide operational efficiency. Concurrently, there are the never ending challenges to create cross–functional processes, workflows, systems and best practices for program management and stakeholder escalations while manifesting a positive and pro-active environment for all teams.
We are looking for an individual who has strong leadership, excellent communication, and hands-on project/program management skills, as well as proficiency in motivating and leading others through vision and strategic positioning.
You are great at:
• Successfully deliver programs/projects sponsored by OpenText’s Chief Executive Officer.
• Structure, manage and lead programs while assuming a leadership role with a management-level, cross-functional team.
• Apply execution expertise and wide knowledge of global business, product and operations to ensure program plans will deliver on the broad business objectives.
• Negotiate with senior management and functional leads across the business, to ensure cross-functional inter-dependencies are addressed in the plans, and that projects are appropriately resourced for successful execution.
• Identify and implement high performance business value creation and transformation by delivering strategic consultation focused on the organization's agenda.
• Facilitate problem-solving within the program while managing communications and acceptance of solutions with operational owners (Marketing, IT, Finance, Engineering, HR, Sales, etc.).
• Communicate overall status, issues, risks and outcomes to the Executive Sponsor, Business Owner(s) and Key Stakeholders.
• Direct project management activity in executing projects within the organization.
• Provide project/program management expertise and mentorship to other areas of the organization.
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Project management methodologies – PMP certification is a major asset.
• High aptitude in successfully leading and managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
• Strong background and experience working in a stakeholder-oriented environment (preferably within the technology sector). • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong attention to detail, organization, and time management.
• Superior problem solving and decision making skills, with the ability to make recommendations to management and influence business decisions.
• Goal-oriented, positive, self-starter, with ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.