Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for a hands-on DevOps Manager to lead our talented DevOps team. We strive to automate and implement scalable processes, systems and environments and ensure the high availability of our services. Leverage your management and technical skills and passion for DevOps to strengthen our ability to deploy and maintain highly performing and scalable systems.
You are great at:
• Work closely with engineering and operations teams across the organization to determine and incorporate their requirements into a robust, flexible, scalable platform in a continuous delivery model
• provide project management and leadership on cloud operation and cloud infrastructure projects with internal and direct customer impact. You will be responsible for day-to-day management of DevOps team to ensure technical/product quality and efficient use of resources.
• Provide architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and adaptability of infrastructure.
• Build up processes and best practices for continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Deploy system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities
• Build and manage development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
• Research and provide feedback on new technologies to satisfy business and technical requirements
• Create and review documentation surrounding infrastructure and technologies
What it takes:
• 8+ years of related practical experience;
• BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline;
• Solid DevOps experience, and minimum of 2 years of management\lead experience
• Solid knowledge of Java programing, REST, and shell scripts;
• Knowledge of Linux networking, cpu, memory and filesystem;
• Preferred skills: working experience in virtualization, especially VmWare Stack; git and perforce;
• Bonus skill: BOSH and CloudFoundry
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.