Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Financial Analyst is a key position within the Financial Planning and Analysis team and will provide financial support to the Engineering R&D operations and Cloud Services teams, including monthly results reporting & analysis, budgeting/forecasting, capital expenditures, capitalization of labor and business analysis.
You are great at:
• Lead planning and forecasting cycles including development of annual operating plans and on-going monthly and quarterly forecasts
• Support global operating expense and capital expenditure planning and reporting/forecasting
• Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of monthly/quarterly results and communicate current results and forecasts to functional leaders
• Assist in identifying risks & opportunities during each quarter and work with functional leads to mitigate the risks and capitalize on the opportunities
• Partner with functional leaders to create short range forecasts and multi-year plans, understanding/evaluating key function drivers.
• Collaborate with the Accounting team during the monthly, quarterly and year end close process
• Perform ad hoc analysis as requested
What it takes:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or another related quantitative discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial analysis or similar role
• Ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
• Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
• Advanced Excel skills and experience in financial modeling
• Demonstrated ability to present ideas logically and concisely to diverse audiences at all organizational levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and business analysis tools for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.