Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Finance Risk & Controls Manager, Internal Audit and Compliance Services reports to the VP, Internal Audit & Customer Compliance Services. The Finance Risk & Controls Manager is a key position in the Internal Audit Services team and provides support and leadership in managing the Company’s design of Internal Controls over Financial Reporting, including the SOX Risk & Control Matrix.
You are great at:
• Managing the Company’s ICFR/SOX Risk & Control matrix under supervision of the VP, Internal Audit & Customer Compliance Services. This includes working closely with internal stakeholders in financial reporting/accounting areas to monitor processes and controls, documenting flowcharts, updating risk and control documentation, and working closely with the external auditor to address queries on control design and communicate control changes.
• Drive the risk assessment process for SOX, including oversight of ICFR risk review meetings, contributing to reviewing the risk and control matrix, and managing the SOX certification process.
• Be a key lead in assessing new standards and any required controls, as well as control design on any acquired companies; reviewing existing controls, suggesting control improvements, and assessing controls for impact to the SOX program.
• Work closely with the Chief Accounting Officer and other financial reporting/accounting stakeholders to provide guidance and review of operational/non-key SOX controls as requested.
• Work closely with the Manager, Financial Governance, Internal Audit Services to review materiality and scoping of the SOX program to ensure key controls are identified and included in the risk and control matrix; and ensure the Internal Audit team is aware of control changes to ensure their test program is effective.
• Draft and/or contribute to memos relating to control design matters to key management.
• Assisting in the coordination and assembly of significant portions of the quarterly reporting to management and the audit committee on ICFR design changes.
• Building relationships with key members in finance team, and more broadly, with key risk owners / process owners across various functions and geography.
• Ensuring the integrity and currency of the Content Server Tool (documentation of internal controls).
What it takes:
• Preference will go to candidates with an accounting Designation such as CPA (Canada or US)
• University Degree
• 6-8 years minimum overall related experience SOX, ICFR, financial reporting/accounting
• Strong knowledge of US GAAP and/or Financial Reporting and SEC/SOX internal control and disclosure requirements
• Strong knowledge of the COSO and COBIT framework
• Excellent senior management presentation, report writing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to manage with a participative style, facilitating effective and efficient audit operations.
• Act as a trusted mentor and counselor to staff
• Works with sense of urgency and efficiency, strong orientation towards integrity
• Ability to maintain confidentiality surrounding items of a confidential/ sensitive nature
• Up to 20% travel may be required
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.