Function: Sales Operations
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The Contracts Manager oversees the OpenText Contracts lifecycle related to the sale or licensing of OpenText cloud-based services, software and professional services. The Contracts Manager is responsible for management and analysis of contracts lifecycle processes to ensure that OpenText organizations are aligned and that the lifecycle includes the capture and tracking of contract metadata including but not limited to; terms and conditions, pricing, service commitments, renewals and legal obligations.
The Contracts Manager position requires strong verbal and interpersonal skills, in order to establish effective working relationships with other departments within OpenText, including Sales, Product Management, Professional Services, Customer Service, Finance, etc. to ensure that the company can meet the obligations reflected in customer contracts and to help resolve inquiries raised during the contract process. The position requires the ability to work independently and to manage a global program and process.
You are great at:
• Provide oversight of the contracts lifecycle process to identify risks, provide recommendations to drive lifecycle process improvements
• Work closely with cross functional business units to ensure a cohesive approach to overall contracts management at OpenText
• Utilize Salesforce, SAP and other internal systems to ensure that required information and approvals have been provided by the requesting party; prepare contracts using contract templates or HotDocs contract management tool
• Develop collaborative relationships across the OpenText organization
• Provide guidance to the OpenText community regarding standard contracting process and use of internal contract preparation and management systems;
• Provide analytics, reports and updates to OpenText leadership on contract activities, issues and status of contracts in the lifecycle
What it takes:
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree along with 5-8 years of experience in commercial contracts administration and related experience in the support/delivery of services or software products in a similar company (software/telecom/IT).
• Prior experience with contract management tools such as Salesforce and standard desktop applications including Microsoft Word. Experience or interest in using or programming with HotDocs contract management software preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
• Aptitude for technology and the ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
• Highly organized; detail oriented, and have the ability to shift easily between a variety of tasks with ease
• Possess a high degree of analytical and problem-solving skills, logic-based thinking, strong creativity and attention to detail
• Expert working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel along with SAP and Salesforce being an asset
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.