Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
OpenText is a vibrant software development organization that provides a multichannel customer communication management (CCM) solution that is proven to improve the customer experience and make customer interactions more profitable. It allows business users to create the communications for connected customer journeys using the delivery formats and channels customers prefer – including email, web and mobile.
We are looking for talented Senior Build Engineers to join the OpenText Common Tools Development organization. In this role you will have the opportunity to contribute to our highly successful team of Build Engineers that are helping development teams across the company. You will be providing build process support by understanding the existing build processes and offering advice and implementation of changes or reconfiguration to meet business objectives.
You are great at:
• - Ability to perform software integration/build activities in a multi-platform environment (ie: Unix architectures and Windows)
- Ability to perform support activities for existing build system
- Responsible for installation of new systems and new releases into maintenance and productive environment, following SDLC and change management procedures
- Responsible for appropriate and qualitative system documentation including technical system documentation, installation scripts, test plans and scripts
- Provide business process support by understanding existing business processes, and offering advice, implementation of changes or reconfiguration to meet business objectives
- Ensure compliance with SOPs/policies, and adequate access rights are given to trained staff
What it takes:
- 1+ years of professional experience in the Software Development industry
- Knowledge of version control systems like Perforce, Git, Mercurial, others such as VSS, CVS, etc.
- Familiar with Software Configuration Management Life Cycle.
- Strong knowledge of scripting/build tools (ie: Perl, C-Shell, Bourne Shell, Make, etc.).
- Experience with Windows 2000 / 2003 / XP and linux operating systems
- Team player with good communicative skills
- Knowledge of MySQL/MS SQL Server databases and experience with SQL
- Experience with Java, Java Application Server and Apache
- Ability to learn new technical concepts and systems
- Multicultural and International experience and scope
- Good problem solving ability, pragmatic
- University degree or similar (B.E., B.Tech, MCA, or equivalent) preferably in Computer Science.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.