Function: Technical Support
Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
The OpenText technical support team is currently searching for a technically dynamic and resourceful individual who has the ability to provide exceptional technical customer support in a challenging and rewarding environment. The incumbent will be joining a team that provides world class technical customer support to a variety of enterprise customers while working across business units to ensure that customer satisfaction is met in every form. Their focus will be supporting complex customer environments, while suggesting techniques and tools for application development.
You are great at:
• Facilitating the resolution of complex technical issues in all areas of assigned Open Text products by analyzing logs researching issues or recreating in house.
• Identifying and report software defects and customer suggestions to appropriate responsible groups.
• Authoring as well as updating articles to contribute to the Products Knowledge Base.
• Representing Open Text and communicate with corporate customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding resolutions to presented technical problems.
• Keeping the customer updated on the status of reported problems, as well as keeping the ticket tracking system updated with current information on the case.
• Providing suggestions for alternate support options for customer issues that are not related to Open Text’s products.
• Collaborating on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
• Committing to continuous learning in an effort to keep current with industry changes.
• Demonstrating customer focus and empathy.
• Meeting established service delivery guidelines such as customer satisfaction, phone based activities, resolution, schedule adherence, case documentation and case wellness.
• Responsible for efficiently managing the relationship with customers and thoroughly documenting their cases.
• Ability to deal with not only technically complex issues, but with politically charged situations requiring a high level of customer skill.
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
What it takes:
• Strongly developed analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills.
• High level of self-motivation with a strong desire to solve problems and multi-task with priority.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (including technical writing).
• Ability to maintain self-control while defusing stressful customer situations.
• Excellent demonstrated customer service skills.
• Broad exposure to technology in general, depth of knowledge in area of focus (Specifically: Operating Systems, Business Applications, Database, Data Storage, etc.).
• Knowledge and experience with high-end technology (software & hardware).
• Ability to provide mentoring for other groups.
• Excellent phone and written communication skills required.
• Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills required.
• Familiarity with Windows, Unix, Solaris, AIX operating systems.
• Experience with SQL and Oracle database and technology.
• Experience in the use and configuration of Web HTTP servers is an asset.
• Programming skills or understanding is an asset.
• Previous document management experience is an asset.
• An understanding of networking is an asset.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.