ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
Reporting to the Director, Sourcing and Procurement Capabilities, Governance and Reporting, the Sourcing & Procurement Capabilities Specialist will be responsible for developing requirements and supporting system and process implementations, creating system test scenarios and logs and internal process documentation as well as designing and delivering training programs.
Working under minimal supervision, the Capabilities Specialist will support the implementation of new processes and technology, and be an ongoing resource for the Sourcing & Procurement team as well as end users and stakeholders throughout the organization. They will also continuously share stakeholder feedback with systems and operations teams in order to drive continuous improvement efforts. The Sourcing & Procurement Capabilities Specialist is expected to offer a high level of internal customer support to our business partners; this may require travel and the ability to work flexible schedules that are based on business needs.
You are great at:
- Quickly developing a high level of expertise around new systems and processes
- Eliciting and managing requirements throughout the project lifecycle (e.g. business requirements, systems requirements, usability/user experience requirements, configuration and integration requirements, data requirements, etc.)
- Performing business, systems, functional, and data analysis, defining design/data models and performing data mapping
- Participating as a Source to Pay subject matter expert in process and technology implementations; assisting with peer-to-peer learning and troubleshooting
- Building trust and actively engaging partners in the delivery process. Acting as a technical advisor, problem solver and resource to locate the appropriate subject matter expert for Source to Pay questions
- Identifying, managing and mitigating project risk
- Identifying, tracking, prioritizing and resolving technical issues
- Developing comprehensive system test scenarios and pass/fail criteria and ensuring the successful rollout of new technology and system and process improvements. Ensuring that solutions are of high quality by enabling and promoting the quality assurance process in all projects.
- Providing exceptional service to team members and stakeholders by being professional, efficient, and projecting a positive attitude.
- Proactively engaging with stakeholders and system end users to increase adoption of best practices and policy and process compliance
- Documenting stakeholder feedback and recommending and monitoring the progress of system and process changes
- Persuading individuals in the organization to adopt standard policies and processes
- Training front-line support teams (train-the-trainer)
- Providing training for new hire orientation, acquisition integration training, system and process implementations
- Conducting training needs analysis with stakeholders and SMEs regarding instructional content
- Developing and delivering training programs in a variety of mediums and measuring impact
- Creating detailed project plans/agendas
- Working independently and as part of a team
What it takes:
Previous experience in system implementations and large-scale process changes and strong business analysis skills
Strong knowledge of Source to Pay systems and processes including Travel Management. Experience in implementing SAP, Ariba, Concur, Helpdesk ticketing systems and approval workflows. Familiarity with Open Text products is an asset.
Track record of translating business needs into system and process requirements and delivering on those requirements
Creative thinking with the ability to look at different challenges and articulate a number of potential solutions
Experience in creating system test scenarios and detailed pass/fail scenarios
Experience in various training technologies and mediums such as on-line, webinar and live classroom training, detailed job aids, quick reference guides and FAQs
Ability to learn quickly, be constructive, persistent and flexible in doing various assignments
Must be a proactive and positive advocate for training, systems and process improvement.
Familiarity with change management and continuous improvement methodologies. Knowledge of adult learning and learning styles
Strong ability, desire and enjoyment in working with others, in a cooperative, professional and friendly spirit and maintain effective communication and working relationships
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
Excellent grammatical, oral, written and proofreading skills, with ability to express oneself clearly and effectively. Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
Excellent attention to detail, customer service and organizational skills
Proficient in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Business Commerce. MBA, PMP or Professional Engineer desired
Minimum 5+ years in a technical project management delivery role within a complex project/program environment in finance and/or sourcing, procurement and accounts payable operations.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. We draw on our diversity and collective genius as we continue to shape a better future for our customers and be the Best Place to Work for our employees- nothing is off the table at OpenText. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org