Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
Senior software developer for OpenText's Content Server Platform, focusing on Information Retrieval. OpenText Content Server is the leading Enterprise Content Management system on the planet. Our proprietary Java-based search technology scales to billions of objects, and is used by thousands of customers. As a member of the search engine team you’ll be working with the low-level algorithms and data-structures of our search engine directly, creating new ways to index, process and search on big data.
You are great at:
• Low-level software development, creating your own algorithms and choosing appropriate data-structures.
• Using or developing for full-text search engines (for example lucene, solr, elasticsearch) and/or databases.
• Working in a collaborative environment, communicating ideas, pair programming and participating in code reviews.
• Engaging with developers on other teams on how to use our software and assisting customer support when problems occur.
• Delivering quality software which will perform well at a massive scale.
What it takes:
• Proficient in Java (preferred), C/C++ or a similar language.
• Familiar with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
• Experience creating and maintaining unit tests and/or test-driven development.
• Developing and re-factoring code for high performance, scalability and security.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.