ENABLING THE DIGITAL WORLD
OpenText enables the digital world as the global leader in Enterprise Information Management, both on premises or in the cloud. We embrace all things digital and are committed to being the Best Place to Work for our Employees in over 140 locations around the world.
We obsess over our customers to ensure they are wildly successful in embracing the Digital World. Our customers entrust us with their most important information, we need to be their most trusted partner. What we do, we do well. What we create, we do purposefully to impact the world. If you believe in this and are passionate about enabling the Digital World then let OpenText turn your career vision into reality.
The Security Engineer will fully understand a wide array of security processes and concepts. The Security Engineer will provide extensive security support functions for the Open Text Commercial and Corporate infrastructure for internal and external customers. This is a hands-on role that will require detailed knowledge of security concepts, security services, and common security issues. The role will focus on leading efforts on behalf of the Global Information Security (GIS) team and completing tasks in conjunction with the GIS Team’s activities and projects.
This role also requires being on call on a rotation 24/7. The successful candidate can be based on any of the following locations: Austin (TX), Brook Park (OH), Alpharetta (GA) or Waterloo (ON).
You are great at:
- Daily Operational work that includes security monitoring, working security tickets, security and data/logs analysis, forensic analysis, host configuration audits, vulnerability scans, FW rule reviews, and other security tasks.
- Providing support, for access gateways and privileged access needs (Citrix, Unix, SUDO, other)
- Firewall Rule audit and reporting.
- Participating in Security Incident response investigation requests.
- Conducting security reviews, risk analysis, and controls reviews in adherence to security policy
- Integrating SIEM technology and processes into daily security operations
- Supporting and leading AV and Endpoint technology and deployments
- Supporting procedural and technical security controls for global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business.
- Auditing support and artifact documentation for ISO27001, PCI, SOC1 & SCO2 audit frameworks
What it takes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Systems Engineering or equivalent experience preferred. CISSP, CISA, CISM, or ISSMP certifications preferred.
- 5+ years in Information systems support, security engineering, or risk and governance
- Familiarity with commonly used information security concepts, best practices and standard procedures
- Current or previous technical SOC support
- Must be able to evaluate and apply concepts of risk management and prioritization to security issues
- Extensive knowledge of computer security architectures and protocols, including firewalls, DMZs, remote access/VPN, wireless LANs, penetration testing, intrusion detection, web security, host-based security for Windows & UNIX computer server environments.
- Experience in analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance to analysts and operators, evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with available threat feed data.
- Must have expertise and experience in security operational services: Unified Threat Management (IDS/IPS Web filtering, etc.) Anti-Virus, SIEM, DDOS/DOS, Threat and Vulnerability Management, Identity Access Management Security Event Management, Cyber investigations, and Cyber security forensic investigations.
- Understanding of PCI-DSS, ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, SOC 1 (SSAE 16) and SOC 2 and information security requirements
- Good analytic, troubleshooting and problem solving and the ability to work alone with minimal supervision effectively and efficiently
- Capable of working under pressure in a continually changing fast paced environment
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org