Principal Technical Analyst
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management. The Opportunity: You are great at:
- Represent opentext with excellent composure, patience and empathy in highly critical situations
- Isolate, reproduce and analyze complex or escalated support issues through to resolution, either via assignment or direct ownership depending on severity
- Manage delicate customer relationships and clearly document all interactions within the company database. This may include tracking multiple issues and regular status calls.
- Testing of Open Text product issues within various environments for validation and solution purposes.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams in troubleshooting issues.
- Report software bugs and customer suggestions, and interface with development to prioritize issues, further troubleshoot and test solutions.
- Serve as point of escalation and mentor for PPS and SPS
- Document and review processes, best practices, white papers, etc. for both internal and customer consumption.
- Provide feedback on the direction and requirements of the sandbox environments, assist in building and maintain these environments
- Design and deliver technical training on existing and new product as required
- Review queues and provide feedback to specialists and management
- Provide after-hours/on call support
What it takes:
- 8+ plus years of similar or relevant experience or demonstrated ability
- Strong functional expertise with OpenText products
- Proven success in a Customer Service role
- Seen as an advisor/expert in a technical/functional capacity
- University/College degree technology related or equivalent work experience
- Specialization in one or more technical areas - typically within Product teams being managed
- Familiarity with one or more operating system
- Experience with database product and technology desired.
- Programming skills or understanding is an asset.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must Have: 3 or more of the following
Intermediate to Advanced Knowledge in:
- Computer Networking
- Web Administration
- Active Directory/LDAP
- DB Management (Backup/Restore)
- Oracle\MSSQL experience
- Application Server experience, deploying apps\supporting them
- Server technologies: Understanding the bigger picture of network deployments, support in a large environment
- Cryptography, PKI and Certificates
- Infrastructure using High Availability
- Web Identity Management (OpenID, OAuth and SAML)
- Knowledge in Net Monitoring Tools
- SMTP Server
- Wireshark\Fiddler experience
- *NIX platforms experience
- Reverse Proxy\LB experience - doesn't have to be experts but someone that understands the basics at a high level
- SSL Certificates - high level understanding
- POP3 - Email communication
- Cloud experience
- Software Development Background (coding or scripting)
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.