Location: Canada, ON, WaterlooApply Now Connect with LinkedIn Connect with Xing
Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!Send to a friend
We are looking for a Principal DevOps Engineer to join our talented team. We strive to automate and implement scalable processes, systems and environments and ensure the high availability of our services. Leverage your technical skills and passion for DevOps to strengthen our ability to deploy and maintain highly performing and scalable systems.
You are great at:
• Working closely with engineering and operations teams across the organization to determine and incorporate their requirements into a robust, flexible, scalable platform in a continuous delivery model
• Providing architectural input for system design to improve scalability, reliability and adaptability of infrastructure.
• Contributing to a library of provisioning and management scripts, and help manage extensive monitoring and alerts infrastructure.
• Providing input processes and best practices for continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Maintaining and improving DevOps engineering tool set
• Deploying system automation technologies to streamline development, testing and operational activities
• Investigating, resolving and/or providing in depth analysis on environmental issues
• Managing peer code-reviews and testing to maintain high standards
• Building and managing development and testing environments, assisting developers in debugging application issues using tools
• Researching and providing feedback on new technologies to satisfy business and technical requirements
What it takes:
• In-depth understanding of the cloud computing stack and solid experience of setup and managing cloud infrastructure;
• Effective documentation and communication skills
• Solid experience of DevOps
• Solid knowledge of Java programing, REST, and shell scripts;
• Experience with at least one of the major RDBMS, ideally Postgres, and with at least one of the NoSQL data base, ideally Cassandra;
• Solid experience with one or more of IaC tools, ideally chef
• Networking and general IT knowledge
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• Application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies (e.g. F5 and Nginx)
• The following are considered assets: working experience in virtualization, especially VMware Stack; git and perforce; Knowledge of Linux networking, cpu, memory and file systems.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of sex, national origin, disability or race. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com.